Emergency vet payment plan

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Penelopize
New Cat Chatter

Emergency vet payment plan

Post by Penelopize »

Like an idiot I had no option but to cancel all my direct debits to the minimum last year and now my 4 year old Tom cat is poorly, he's been posturing like he needs to poo, cleaning himself yowling in pain and has thrown up his food and I can't afford to take him to the vet and get further exploration treatment to find why he's in pain, vet advised wait 24 hrs to see If he passes anything..

I need to find a vet in Milton Keynes area who if I end up with a huge bill I can pay in installments, I lost one cat after vet treatment and even after £800 later they still couldn't tell me what was wrong with her other than her organs are now failing so I should put her down as in a lot of pain

What do you do? Let them stay at home and hope for the best or put him through a lot of misery and still lose him, I've lost faith in vets after they also told me years back to leave my dog overnight and he would be fine only to get a call at 1am saying he had gone and they tried to zap him back to life I was mortified that he was alone and that Ninny spent her last scared in a strange place.

I just want him in, put under and scanned, xray to see if there is a blockage, tumour etc as they can rarely tell what the illness is until its too late as animals cant say where it hurts.

He's hiding alone at the moment and apart from water, a little olive oil with tiny tuna and a little milk and sitting away but so he knows I'm here till I find a vet willing to do all this quickly and I'm allowed to pay upto £50 pm for whatever the bill is with a £100 downplay.

Pdsa are not in my area and I'm waiting for cats protection to get back to me. He's so important in my life I've nursed him from birth, have his mom a pregnant rescue and rehomed all his siblings to good loving friends after I had the done when I was able to finance, now I can't finance as disabled on current on benefits but I have decent credit rating and pay the bills I cut back on everything especially after the fuel hikes..

I'm at my whits end as lost my dad my auntie uncle and brother and split with partner in the past 12 months I just can't lose him too he's an amazing cuddly warm mischievous character always getting into trouble.. I love him, want to help him and don't want his last to be terrifying and alone either but what if its something simple a small obstruction I can remove, a blockage that can be shifted.. I just don't know
Mollycat
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Emergency vet payment plan

Post by Mollycat »

Can't help with a vet though if it's a genuine emergency they may be able to help you arrange a loan, that's what my neighbour did when her cat was savaged by a dog until the dog owner's third party insurance paid up.

Not sure what you hope to achieve with the things you've given him though, water yes, dairy is not always tolerated in adult cats and could easily be the cause of the problem, tuna if he really won't eat anything else and is the olive oil for helping any possible blockage pass?? If he has a blockage you are on a tight time scale.