Kidney disease and diarrhoea

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Kate S
Frequent Cat Chatter

Kidney disease and diarrhoea

Post by Kate S »

Susan has now returned to taking her meds for hyperthyroidism and eats better. Her poop has been a bit runny for a while and today is quite runny. I have been using Fortiflora on her wet food morning and evening but she doesn't eat a lot of it. I will persevere with it and put on her dry food later. The vet says carry on with this for now. Has any one used any other probiotics? I have a tin of pumpkin which I believe can be used, but knowing Susan she will ignore it :) :roll: . Otherwise she is her normal self so I am not too worried and don't want to rush her to the vets again unless of course if it gets worse
Mollycat
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Kidney disease and diarrhoea

Post by Mollycat »

Cobalaplex, vitamin B complex.
Kate S
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by Kate S »

Susan still has runny poop. I have been adding Fortiflora still and now trying the Vitamin B which I give every other day. She is still her normal self eating and drinking well, playing. She is due to go to vets in a couple of weeks anyway so still not sure whether to wait until then. Any other suggestions welcome!
Mollycat
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Mollycat »

My boy never got on with prebiotics, I don't remember which brand we tried but it made him much worse. As he was long haired the clean-up was a whole lot of fun.

When the Dire Rear strikes badly, vitamin B can be given by injection (by the vet obviously) because you can stuff as much as you like into their mouth, if everything is going straight through them you may as well be putting it straight in the litter tray for all the good it can do. There comes a point when vet's advice is needed, diarrhoea is dehydrating and a cat is a small body and dehydrates surprisingly quickly.