Kittens

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
waring8953
New Cat Chatter

Kittens

Post by waring8953 »

Hi 1st time on here so hope I get it right

I have been given two kittens to look after aprox 10 weeks old both from the same litter

on male one female, how ever the male cat seems to be putting on more weight and growing more than the female kitten even though she is eating ok

mark
KittyWitty
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Re: Kittens

Post by KittyWitty »

Males are generally bigger and grow more than females. If your vet is happy with their progress then that is all that matters.

Here is a doc about average kitten weights: http://www.catnmore.com/animals/pdfs/KittenWeights.doc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
lilynmitz
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by lilynmitz »

Hi and welcome to Catchat. An d congrats on your first kittens!

Have you registered them with a vet? You could use the first appointment to discuss your concerns re weight and diet, get them generally health checked, get them microchipped and talk about the best time for neutering. Given that it's your first time with kittens, and given how young they are, it would be well worth taking them in.
Walesgang
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Post by Walesgang »

Hi Mark

Welcome to CC

I agree. It makes sense to get the kittens checked. They may have worms transmitted from mum, for example. They also need to get vaccinated if you haven't already started that.

It all sounds daunting, but it's not!

What are your babies called by the way? We would love to see photos :D