My cat suddenly has a mostly blocked nasal passage.

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
SezOne
New Cat Chatter

My cat suddenly has a mostly blocked nasal passage.

Post by SezOne »

My cat suddenly sounds as if his nasal passage is being blocked. He is breathing thru his mouth, mostly, but I can tell some air get in his nose. When he looks up at me or turns his head it sounds considerably worse almost like he is snoring. I have considered an upper respiratory infection however there are no other symptoms like nasal discharge, watery eyes, nothing. Sometimes it is worse than other times, so it is a rollercoaster of severity. For example, when it really bothers him, his right eye gets "squinty" and his right ear will look like he is laying it flat. And he will paw at the ear and attempt to rub it, and it is obviously giving him much more discomfort. But that makes sense for it being an ENT (Ear, Nose, Throat) problem. Also, to give some brief background info, he is strictly an indoor cat his whole life, 9 yrs old. Lately his appetite and overall personality has NOT changed. He was neutered back in 2014, and due to a horribly negligent, sloppy, careless, terrible vet, had exposed my cats (I had multiple males neutered) to panleukopenia, and the calicivirus, and Lord knows what else. Luckily he never contracted panleuk, he did, I believe, contract calicivirus and was treated with in hospital care for about 5 days and seemed to make a full recovery at the time, however if you ask me, he has never really been the same since that. Due to random eye infections and other small things that most might write off, but I have recognized as problems I feel were a direct result of his exposure to this petri dish of neglect, ignorance, and stupidity. So, in conclusion, I am concerned about my cat and I am extremely limited with options to treat him due to expensive vet costs. Please help. Any suggestions are extremely appreciated, and if you have any questions feel free to ask. Thank you to everyone in advance for any help in any way. 🙏