one newborn is seriously sick and the other has been constipated for 5 days

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
sidro
New Cat Chatter

one newborn is seriously sick and the other has been constipated for 5 days

Post by sidro »

I live in a 3rd world country where veterinary care isn't good. 5 days ago I rescued 3 newborn kittens. One of the kittens is seriously sick and refusing to be fed. I use milk replacer. Her two siblings are bigger, active and their eyes are open. Here is the sick kitten:
https://youtu.be/O2svQMVTPag

Two vets told me she's dehydrated and told me to force feed her with a rehydrating solution. They also said there's nothing else I can do such as IV feeding because the kitten is too young for any intervention. One of the vets showed me how to feed the kitten with a rehydrating solution: He opened her mouth wide open and put the syringe deep inside her mouth. I said can't she aspirate from this? he said as long as she's in this position (her head is up and her feet on the ground) she wouldn't aspirate.

The other two kittens were constipated for 4 days. I performed and enema with olive oil on both of them. One got relieved but the other didn't. Now it's five days of constipation for one kitten. I told the vet today and he said just rub her bottom and it will get relieved. I already knew that and tried it for 5 days. I told him 5 days with no relief has to be a problem. He said just rub it.

Here's the constipated kitten: https://youtube.com/shorts/OKaORdFSvOA

The olive oil enema I gave consisted of 5 drops. Should I do another enema with a bigger amount? How long can this constipation last before it turns into a serious condition?

I read online that glycerin suppository can be used to relieve a constipated cat. Should I go with this?. It's hard here to find glycerin but I will look everywhere to find it otherwise the condition can turn to serious. I already have a kitten with a serious condition. Holy poo how tough it is here to try to rescue kittens. I don't mind the effort I put I just don't want them to die. Is this too much to ask for?