Help/Advice for my Diva Cat

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
louise_132
New Cat Chatter

Help/Advice for my Diva Cat

Post by louise_132 »

So my two year old cat, has stopped eating his wet food. He was sick on Sunday and brought up a hairball and then bile the next few times, he was very lethargic and not himself. He has perked up since but he isn't touching his wet food but will have dry food and cat sticks, however I came home last night to clear bile and cat stick sick :?
Can anyone recommend some help/advice? Should I take him to the vet, I am so worried about him.
Toni Ford
Returning Cat Chatter

Re: Help/Advice for my Diva Cat

Post by Toni Ford »

Hi

I would take him to the Vet as soon as possible. It might not be anything serious but it is best to check.

Hope his is better soon.

Toni
Ruth B
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Re: Help/Advice for my Diva Cat

Post by Ruth B »

Getting him to the vet is always a good option, even if it just puts your mind at ease, any stress in you will make him worse.

It is probably just the furball has irritated his stomach a bit, it could be there is also some more he needs to bring up, hence the repeated hacking of bile. If he is eating and drinking then it shouldn't be a problem. If he likes dry food then let him eat that for a while, but make sure he doesn't over eat on it and end up bringing it all back up, if he tends to gorge himself then put down little and often for him and make sure he has plenty of fresh water available to drink with it.