Help! Got new kitten last yr for my Maine Coon now kitten FAT

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
olliesmom
New Cat Chatter

Help! Got new kitten last yr for my Maine Coon now kitten FAT

Post by olliesmom »

Help I don't know what I can do to stop Stan (a very small cat) for eating as much as my HUGE 30 lb 4 yr old cat Oliver.I got Stanley last yr and he should weigh 8 lbs and is closer to 1 I work at a hosp and nam not home to regulate feeding so i leave huge bowl of dry and feed a can of wet when Im home. Oliver has a huge head little bigger than a grapefruit and he eats a lot and needs to.....stanly has the head of a lime and i need to keep him away from big guys food//any suggestions1
fjm
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Help! Got new kitten last yr for my Maine Coon now kitten FAT

Post by fjm »

Microchip cat feeders, one each. Sorted - although you may need to get both cats microchipped if you have not already done so.
Mollycat
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Mollycat »

I second that, they are brilliant and will also allow you to leave wet food down for them if you want to as the lid shuts tight and keeps it fresh longer. I got mine for 2 cats with different diet needs and one with food anxiety, now down to 1 cat but I still would never be without the chip feeder.
olliesmom
New Cat Chatter

Post by olliesmom »

What are the names of these feeders? TY
fjm
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by fjm »

If you google "microchip cat feeder" you will find lots of options. Best buy will depend where you live and what specification you want (eg room for an ice pack if you are feeding wet food). They have also been discussed on this forum if you use the Search option in Quick Links.