eye drops semi feral

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
sooty
New Cat Chatter

eye drops semi feral

Post by sooty »

Hi sorry for short text am on my phone. Would love advice on giving my cat drops for eye infection. I need to know best way to get my cat into a position and keep him in position for giving eye drops. He is very strong, wriggly and suspicious. I may need to wrap him in blanket etc
Thanks
MooBag
Frequent Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 2

Re: eye drops semi feral

Post by MooBag »

Hi Sooty,
Had a similar thing a few years ago with semi-feral/nervous cat, where we had to give ear drops.
The best way we found was to put him up on a table and sort of 'flatten' him (gently but firmly) down onto his tummy. Then one of us would hold him flat, while the other administered the drops. Having him on the table rather than a lap meant we didn't get clawed to bits. If you're doing it on your own, or if he's particularly wriggly, then wrapping him a towel as well is a good idea.
Good luck!
sooty
New Cat Chatter

Re: eye drops semi feral

Post by sooty »

Hi thanks

we got him this morning by grabbing him with a big blanket. He has never been on a lap - he would find it weird. Thanks we might try the gently flattening idea.