Weird bloody patch of exposed skin with missing fur????

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Kayv1tarantino
Returning Cat Chatter

Weird bloody patch of exposed skin with missing fur????

Post by Kayv1tarantino »

Hi there

I'm kinda new here

One of my cats has this strange spot behind his right ear that has a bloody sheen over the top of the bald exposed skin
Yesterday last night he didn't have this weirdo patch
When I picked him up this AM I was kissing the back of his neck when his head happened to touch mine where I was then alerted to a wetness so I go to check him/the area only to see the bloody spot.

I tried to link a photo here on this thread but it states that it cannot load it on the message here due to it being too large.
Which is something I don't understand considering the fact that it is only one still photograph that I was trying to paste here...?....

Please bear with me as I am no genius when it comes to these smart devices but more like a dinosaur

I would greatly appreciate any help

Thank you

Blessing & regards;
Karen
susand
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Weird bloody patch of exposed skin with missing fur????

Post by susand »

I had problems with this and contacted the forum administrator who sent me a link to a free photo resizer so I could make the file size of the photo smaller. I don’t remember the one she sent me but if you Google “compress or resize photo” you’ll find something similar I’m sure. If you are still struggling the forum administrators might be able to help. Scroll down and c/o “contact” to email them.
Lisa-D
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lisa-D »

Kayv1tarantino wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:54 pm Hi there

I'm kinda new here

One of my cats has this strange spot behind his right ear that has a bloody sheen over the top of the bald exposed skin
Yesterday last night he didn't have this weirdo patch
When I picked him up this AM I was kissing the back of his neck when his head happened to touch mine where I was then alerted to a wetness so I go to check him/the area only to see the bloody spot.

I tried to link a photo here on this thread but it states that it cannot load it on the message here due to it being too large.
Which is something I don't understand considering the fact that it is only one still photograph that I was trying to paste here...?....

Please bear with me as I am no genius when it comes to these smart devices but more like a dinosaur

I would greatly appreciate any help

Thank you

Blessing & regards;
Karen
Hi Karen,

It sounds like you might need to resize your photo so that you can post it on the forum. You can find more information about this, including links to some free online resizing facilities, in our Posting Photos - Help topic here: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=227

I hope that helps, but if you need any further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us using the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page.

Lisa
Forum Admin
Kayv1tarantino
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by Kayv1tarantino »

rsz_20220627_170738.jpg

I think well .. I hope I successfully shrunk the size to fit

Either way thank yous for your help!

You guys led me towards the know how of getting the image shrunk down to fit by providing me with the informational links
Without you
I'm like a damn dinosaur
Esp when it comes to "recropping sizing" etc.

Please let me know what you think of the still picture with the cats ear problem.
I hope there is something I can do to help him! Perhaps an affordable over the counter medicine/ or some herbs.

Lord knows I am in no way able to take him to veterinary offices so I'm praying to treat him to ease his poor ears myself

Thanks so very much *

-Karen
susand
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by susand »

Hi Karen,

Well, if it’s been there for a while and isn’t getting better, he really needs to see a vet as it could be cancerous. If it is there are things they can do to stop it spreading, so it’s not hopeless but he really will need veterinary treatment if it is cancer. If you are short on funds are there any charities that can help?
fjm
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by fjm »

Does he go out? The sudden appearance, and the grazing on the other ear, look as though the skin has been torn, perhaps in a fight or other accident. Is it healing or getting worse? If it is healing and looking clean and healthy I would bathe with boiled, slightly salted water and watch carefully - I have also found HyperCal ointment helpful for grazes, and it is safe for cats. If it fails to heal or shows signs of infection the vet is your best option.