Puking food

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Doubleb27
New Cat Chatter

Puking food

Post by Doubleb27 »

Hi new member here. I have a Korat mix, approx 6 yrs old, indoor only, who seems to puke up about half of what she consumes. She is not malnourished by any means, in fact prob few lbs overweight. Energy levels are good. No other health problems. I feed her Hills science diet-weight management. Have tried the hairball control Hills, doesn't seem to make a difference. Any food that might help or another solution. Thanks, BB
Amerififer
Frequent Cat Chatter

Re: Puking food

Post by Amerififer »

Hiya and welcome,

Is the puking behaviour something new? Has he always done it off and on?
My current rescue boy 14 year old Spirit is such a food oriented cat that I actually have to split each meal into two.. so half a sachet.... wait half an hour the other half etc... If I don't he often will throw it back up..
If its a new behaviour.. have there been any changes in your or your cats routine/life that they could be picking up on? Worth keeping an eye on if no other changes... :)
fjm
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Puking food

Post by fjm »

Is she perhaps overeating? As Amerififer says, smaller meals may be the answer, or perhaps put her dry food in a play ball or puzzle toy to slow eating down.