17 year old with anaemia

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
woozy-uk
Frequent Cat Chatter

17 year old with anaemia

Post by woozy-uk »

Up to now about 11 years later she was healthy since getting her aged 6 from FOAL animal rescue, I last posted about her eye in 2020 which turned out to be Hyperthyroidsmn and in the end she had both sides removed and did really well after that, She had lost some weight the past year but had been active, jumping onto beds and sofas to be by my side or on my lap. She has had matted fur and then dry eye last year which both recovered after treatments in mid 2021 ish, and she was doing fine up until the heatwave, where after we noticed pica and she was eating her catsan litter so a week ago we took her to the vet for bloods and a check, she was found to have bone marrow anaemia, but we are told her heart, kidneys and liver all came back healthy and her organs felt fine, so wed last week she had a vitamin B12 and Laurabolin injections and I changed her granule non clumping litter to wood comfort non clumping litter (both catsan) and was shocked she was still eating that after so changed it back to granules, then from thursday to friday she started hiding and was lethargic and leaving her food and just taking a sip of water, saturday she was taken to the vet and had another vet check her. Sofina is very thin too and has lost more weight and i can feel her low back bone when i stroke her. She has also been on amodip the last 2 years which i give half a tablet crushed daily in lick e lix which she took fine up until the heatwave but would still eat it eventualy after that day up until wed, the vet on sat prescribed mirataz which i have rubbed onto sofinas ear daily. This morning she seemed ok, like yesterday and had some senior wet food and a few munchies, went into the garden and did a normal size number 2 and number 1, she had a sip of water and layed in the garden in the breeze, but since the day has got warmer she seems more ill and somehow thinner, and is again refusing any food including one prescribed by the vets made by hills. She seems very weak all of a sudden and wobbley again.

This is her this morning-

https://youtube.com/shorts/VB2jb5m0Elw?feature=share

The vets made it sound the end was near last saturday, maybe because sofina hissed at her while the vet put the thermometer up sofinas bottom.

I dont want to lose my best friend and girl i have had in my life through 11 years, she came into my life when my dad died and a cat that used to visit around the time died a bit after then sofina came into my life and she has helped me through so much like crashes, shingles, other losses and heartaches. i love kissing her velvety soft head as her furr has always been super soft, shes never had fleas, i love kissing her on her head and looking down at her button nose, she is adorable to me.

Are there any vets that can offer their advice please