Anyone have any advice on illness/immune problems with cats?

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
lauryn2938
New Cat Chatter

Anyone have any advice on illness/immune problems with cats?

Post by lauryn2938 »

I’m sorry if this isn’t the right place to post or is inappropriate in any way! I’m just looking for maybe anyone who might have similar issues or more knowledge than me on what’s going on with my cat. Her name is Miss Keisha and nearly 5 years old and I love her more than anything, lately more so than before she seems to get into moods where she’s cranky and wants to be left alone, usually accompanied by vomitting and refusing to eat.

She has been to her vets numerous times and we ruled out leukaemia which we originally thought was the cause, by my vets kinda settled on “immune problem” and said this will flare up and go again and left it there. I’ve been in the process of my own autoimmune disease diagnosis since the start of the year (yay) and I’m kinda unhappy with how often she’s seen her vet over this and she still doesn’t have a concrete diagnosis or plan to make her more comfortable when she is feeling like this.

For history, she was born in a litter to a group of feral cats I was feeding in October 2017. The mother disappeared and I took in the kittens when they were about 3 weeks old, unfortunately no one survived but her despite how hard I tried. When she was a few months old she was very very sick, and it’s a miracle she survived, her vet was certain she wouldn’t. So basically I’m just wondering if anyone may have any suggestions or insights I could even mention to the her vets? The vet who saved her life is a fantastic vet and I have so much faith in him but unfortunately he’s rarely at the clinic now because he mainly works with large animals :( I’d love for any advice I can relay to my vets or maybe anyone who could have any idea what the problem could be so I can try to get more from my vets