Feliway Optimum electrical outlets

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
IrisVMS
New Cat Chatter

Feliway Optimum electrical outlets

Post by IrisVMS »

Hello everyone,
First-time poster here :) I took delivery of 2 units of Feliway Optimum for my cat Bellatrix. The packaging leaflet and the Feliway website are adamant that the plugs must only be used with electrical sockets and never with extension cables. Unfortunately, the position of the wall sockets in my flat is not ideal for this purpose. Does anyone have experience using the Feliway plugs with extension cords, or would you agree that this should be avoided?
Thank you for your help,
Iris
Mollycat
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Feliway Optimum electrical outlets

Post by Mollycat »

Hi, unfortunately no you can't use extensions for the simple reason that you couldn't keep the bottle upright. Therefore it would not diffuse correctly.

Also Feliway burns hot so there would be a fire risk. Other products that burn less hot might be less of a risk but regardless, any of these products must be upright with the wick upwards.

They do cover a large area though.
IrisVMS
New Cat Chatter

Re: Feliway Optimum electrical outlets

Post by IrisVMS »

Thank you, Mollycat! Always good to hear from people who have actually used the product.
I have found an OK position for both plugs now, so fingers crossed that will work out well.