Feline 40

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
grumpymacknutt
New Cat Chatter

Feline 40

Post by grumpymacknutt »

I have 5 neutered, chipped cats ranging from 3 to 1. I am 80, and love my girls and boy very much. Having seen an advert for Feline 40 and watched an advert, i thought ,that seems to be an excellent idea!! Stupid me, I found out the price, £45 for ONE JAR, that is a totally ludicrous price. A 3 months vitamin supplement for a human is a TENNER. This vet who is selling it , is in it PURELY FOR THE MONEY. How on earth does he expect cat lovers to pay that amount. I suggest we just BOYCOTT this greedy,avaricious, so called vet.
Mollycat
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Feline 40

Post by Mollycat »

I had not heard of this and looked it up. I must admit to being rather scornful of non-specific supplementation, a decent balanced species appropriate diet should not leave any significant imbalances in a healthy person, cat or any animal. Don't get me wrong there is an important place for supplements when the diet is lacking - my cat took potassium for 3 years because she had a deficiency diagnosed and still monitored by a vet. But a broad, all-purpose generic dosage of vitamins on top of a balanced diet surely can result in overdoses, and not all vitamins are harmless, and minerals and electrolytes can easily be unbalanced causing all manner of health problems.

On the other aspect of this, supplements are huge business and pets even bigger business, so this is even more reason to question the "need" to combine the two and the motive behind it, without the need to target any specific seller.