Howling

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Thumper
New Cat Chatter

Howling

Post by Thumper »

Help!!!! I adopted a wonderful 6 yr old cat from my local shelter she has some problems, only 2 teeth, hip issues, and may have some neurological issues. We are going to the vet next week! But in the meantime she has started howling/meowing constantly, she is still super playfull and acts like she is starving all the time. I have had her for 2 months and this just started 2 days ago. I don't know how to stop the howling all night long. If someone has any advise that would be wonderful. Thank you!
Amerififer
Frequent Cat Chatter

Re: Howling

Post by Amerififer »

Thumper wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 10:22 pm Help!!!! I adopted a wonderful 6 yr old cat from my local shelter she has some problems, only 2 teeth, hip issues, and may have some neurological issues. We are going to the vet next week! But in the meantime she has started howling/meowing constantly, she is still super playfull and acts like she is starving all the time. I have had her for 2 months and this just started 2 days ago. I don't know how to stop the howling all night long. If someone has any advise that would be wonderful. Thank you!
Congratulations on your new furry family member..
Howling/meowing constantly and extrememe hunger can be a sign of hyperthyroid as well as other issues.. I see you are going to the vet next week.. If she seems healthy and happy enough .. I'd keep note of her symptoms and mention them to your Vet.
Mollycat
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Mollycat »

Yes, your vet visit is going to be important, and take a note with you as we can often get talking about one issue only to come out and remember on the way home something else we wanted to mention.

What sort of age is your cat and how long have you had her?
Thumper
New Cat Chatter

Post by Thumper »

She is 6 and I have had her for 2 months