How to combat plaque and a touch of gingivitis

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Puddincat
New Cat Chatter

How to combat plaque and a touch of gingivitis

Post by Puddincat »

Hello!

When we took our two yr old kitten to the vets for vaccinations, the vet said she had plaque along her back teeth that was causing a touch of gingivitis.

She gave us some 'Hills dental' food to try as its harder than normal biscuit and apparently should clean the teeth. She said to give it as a treat.

Well puss won't go near it. I've tried giving it to her, hiding it, covering it in malt place, cutting it in half (they are quite big). Puss isn't having any of it. We bought some smaller dental biscuits and are having the same problem. Puss seems to know what they are and won't eat them.

So my question is - what else could I use that Puss might eat that would help remove the plaque from her back teeth?
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: How to combat plaque and a touch of gingivitis

Post by Kay »

you could try Logic gel - I don't know whether it really works, but it has a lot of endorsements on Amazon

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Logic-Oral-Hygi ... l+for+cats" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I used to give it to one of mine, and he would happily lick it off my finger
KittyWitty
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by KittyWitty »

Kay wrote:you could try Logic gel - I don't know whether it really works, but it has a lot of endorsements on Amazon

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Logic-Oral-Hygi ... l+for+cats" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I used to give it to one of mine, and he would happily lick it off my finger
Yup, This ^^^

I use it with my boys and their teeth are always complemented at the vets!
Puddincat
New Cat Chatter

Post by Puddincat »

Thank you - I'll definitely have a look at logic gel - puss has started to try the biscuits we have so between that and the gel hopefully she'll get a pass next time!