Panacur

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Suzynick
Experienced Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 2

Panacur

Post by Suzynick »

Hi
Below is my original post to which I didn't have any replies to.
My cat Alfie, who is a house cat was treated for giardia last year with a course of panacur worming paste and anti biotics. His loose smelly stool problem cleared up, although I think he now has it again. Both my cats are due to have their annual boosters soon anyway, so I will check with the vet, but I just wondered if anyone routinely worms using the panacur paste?
Thanks
Suzanne

Hi
Both my cats are on milbemax, Alfie has had smelly loose stools on and off for about a year which I thought might be his food and other factors,
However, I had to take him to the vets last week as he had a few bouts of diarrhea. The vet thinks he might have the intestinal parasite giraridia, and is treating him for that.
I have been given panacur worming paste which treats this, is this something I should be using anyway to protect my cats against them getting it in the first place, or is this only treated once they have it?
I am slightly confused!
Thanks
Suzanne