introduction issues

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
jessicalou
Returning Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 3

introduction issues

Post by jessicalou »

I got a kitten 8 weeks ago and I thought everything would go smoothly with introducing her to my two older cats . The male has taken to the kitten nicely but my female cat is having none of it , she wont come in the room and if she hears the kitten crying she gets distressed and all fluffed up , she is jumpy all the time hardly eats anything . She would stay under the bed and cry really softly , she had taken a few swipes at the kitten but nothing major up until last week , I was letting my male in through my window and didn't notice the female behind him and the kitten was in her way she chased her and attacked her which annoyed the male so he joined in I obviously pulled them apart and got the kitten out the way . but since then she doesn't come in side she makes real low meows and won't eat anything I put out she growls at me and my partner and has attacked me .

I really don't know what to do , do you guys think there is any hope of them getting on or is it a lost cause?
KittyWitty
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Re: introduction issues

Post by KittyWitty »

what has been your introduction process so far?
jessicalou
Returning Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 3

Re: introduction issues

Post by jessicalou »

sorry I should have put that
iv done the keeping them separate and allowing them to sniff under the door , after a week or so I let the female see the kitten for the first time , I fed them treats e.t.c at the same time which was going well but for some reason it stopped working . I did the scent transfer thing .

im not sure what else I should do