Trigger has a mass

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Re: Trigger has a mass

Post by MarkB »

So sorry Kay. The best we can offer them is a dignified passing. Thinking of you and Trigger x.
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Kay »

my lovely boy went without a struggle
JulieandBarney
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by JulieandBarney »

Rip trigger, you can now play in peace and meet all of our loved ones who have passed at rainbow bridge, they will be waiting for you. . . Xx take comfort Kay that you did the kindest thing you could for him, I know how hard it must feel for you, I truly do. . . X
Last edited by JulieandBarney on Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HRHFluffy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by HRHFluffy »

Kay I've been thinking of you all day. I'm relieved that your lovely Trigger didn't struggle. It's a little less traumatic if it can be peaceful. Sleep well much loved boy Xx
sarie
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by sarie »

RIP beautiful Trigger. Thinking of you Kay but what a lovely and selfless final gift you gave your poorly boy :( xxxx
Janey
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Janey »

So sorry for your loss ((Kay))

God bless Trigger xx
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

So sorry Kay (hugs) x

RIP Trigger. Play happily at RB.
meriad
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by meriad »

Sleep tight and sweet dreams gorgeous boy. RIP xxx
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

I'm so sorry, Kay, but glad he went peacefully - you did him proud. (((hugs)))

Rest in peace, lovley Trigger. xx
Lefty
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by Lefty »

SarahT1 [PLLE] wrote:Hello Kay

I'm sorry you have this worry and sadness for your boy. I know you'll get some great replies on here about Metacam. From our experience, my boy Edgar is on 0.5ml daily at the moment whilst we get to the bottom of his gingivitis/calicivirus. He was also manifesting signs of possible early on set arthritis and wasn't grooming properly. He's only a young boy, possibly 7 years old, so it seems a big thing for him to be taking it every day. He is also inclined to a sensitive tummy. Immediately after his first dental, he seemed to react badly to Metacam and had diarrhoea, so I took him off it. We started trying it again a few months later and this time he didn't have the same reaction. He is also grooming properly again now, especially his bum, and he has no mobility problems. He is now on a largely cereal free diet with occasional gastro intestinal prescription food and this seems to have a good effect on his gums and his poo. My old girl, Pepsi, is on Metacam every other day, and she certainly has no stomach problems. She's only ever been sick once since she's been with me and that's when she got to the ice cream! Metacam has made no difference to gastric health but it has helped her gums and her mobility and at her age - possibly around 17 - I have no difficulty on that basis with justifying any possible risks.

I think Mark will be able to help you more. Fusses to you dear boy. Bless his little heart. xx

Edited PS - yes, I meant he has up to the 5 mark on the syringe. x
I hope you don't mind me butting in slightly off topic but cats should not be fed cereal it does them harm they are after all meat eaters. If you have doubts about what I'm saying Google it

There I've done it for you http://www.catnutrition.org/diabetes.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Well worth a read
greenkitty
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by greenkitty »

I was thinking of you and your Trigger on Friday, I'm pleased he had a peaceful passing.

RIP sweet boy x