Hairy worm or growth from feral cats shoulder

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
rampman10
Frequent Cat Chatter

Re: Hairy worm or growth from feral cats shoulder

Post by rampman10 »

Hello Batfink,

I hope you are able to trap and neuter him. I think you are right and he is being fed. Maxwell is doing well, except he came down with a nasty UTI which is strange for a boy of his age. He does not like to drink water very much. I have a stainless steel fountain and use all stainless steel bowls which the other kids seem to like.

The antibiotic shot had his urine clear within a couple days and I kept them all off the dry food for a few days. I had switched to a new cat food after a recommendation from a friend, and I saw on another site where some other parents had reported this happening after a switch to this food. It is a premium brand only sold in pet stores but not prescription. I probably should not say the name but it is a popular brand now. Some people said they have not had any problems with this brand, but others said they tried using it multiple times and their kids only got UTI's when they tried to use this food again. The consensus is that Royal Canin is the best prescription food for this condition followed by Science Diet, but many people said their kids had not problems with UTI's using the Purina Urinary Tract Formula. I am giving it a try first because the last time I tried using Royal Canin my kids did not like it (this was before Maxwell showed up) and the Royal Canin is expensive. If I have to use it I will, but Purina has really improved their offerings in my opinion, using better ingredients and less fillers. I need to be able to leave out some food when I am working so they are not hungry when I get home. If I put out the wet food they eat it immediately.