My baby has FIP

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Re: My baby has FIP

Post by bobbys girl »

Goodnight sweet prince.

That is a lovely idea about the rose. I have some info on Tudor roses that might be of interest to you. But not just yet eh?

God bless you both

Sue x
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

Rest in peace lovely Henry, I'm glad your mum and dad were able to spare you the pain and suffering from such a dreadful illness. xx

The rose is a lovely idea. I lost a cat earlier in the year and planted something in her honour, not a rose, but something that was significant to us in the same way. I look at it every day and think of her - it's a great comfort.

((((hugs))))
greenkitty
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by greenkitty »

I hope you can take some comfort that you spared him the pain, RIP little Henry Tudor puss x
SarahT1 [PLLE]
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Post by SarahT1 [PLLE] »

Hi Heather , how are you? I know the weekend will have been hard. Xx
HeatherG3000
Experienced Cat Chatter

Post by HeatherG3000 »

Oh the weekend was so hard. Think because it has been building up for 2 weeks that on Thursday when we took him to the vet it was actually expected. Friday night we were both lost. My hubby has been so great for the past 2 weeks, but think it only dawned on him that Henry was gone on Friday night. We moved in together a year ago and we had paid the deposit on our boy before we even moved in so Henry has always been in the house. He was our family so not having him was really hard. We had a wedding on Saturday which was great timing cos we were out of the house all day and we did our own little toast to him at night when we got home and had a little night cap. Even yesterday I was still expecting to see his wee face!
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

(((hugs)))
Lyn from Australia
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 9

Post by Lyn from Australia »

I'm so very, very sorry. Enjoy the sunshine at the bridge Henry. Ruby and all her friends will look after you xx
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

So sorry. ((Hugs)) to you both.
SarahT1 [PLLE]
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Post by SarahT1 [PLLE] »

Hugs to you, Heather. Henry will watch over you from the Bridge.
Amyc
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by Amyc »

Hi Heather,

So sorry to hear of your loss. I lost my Poppy to it on Oct 14th last year. It came on, cost me £1000 in vets bills and I lost her a week later to it. She wasn't even three. I still cry when I think of her and that week from hell.
I hope you are feeling a little better. The marvellous people on this site helped me enormously that week when I was all over this place trying to find a way to fix the situation and do the right thing. If you ever need to chat with someone who's been through the FIP thing then I'm here. Looks like I am about to lose my 13 year old to kidney disease soon. It never gets any easier. :(
Diana
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by Diana »

Oh Henry Tudor what a lovely name you had.

I am sorry for your loss. You gave him one final gift, allowing him to leave this world in peace. X
HeatherG3000
Experienced Cat Chatter

Post by HeatherG3000 »

It's only been one week but seems a lifetime. I collected Henry's ashes today and it brought it all flooding back and I just started weeping in the vet reception area. There was a lovely dog owner who told me it gets easier when you get the ashes home. She has 6 of her babies in her sideboard, and she also said the joy of a new pet will be a great comfort. I think she is right. I was looking online last night and felt really happy again knowing we would hopefully soon have another little kitten in our home. I think being at the vet today made it raw again. I know it will get easier. We are going shopping this weekend for a nice rose bush for the garden that we will scatter Henry's ashes with. It is nice having him home again.