I think her time is drawing near

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
sarie
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Re: I think her time is drawing near

Post by sarie »

Thinking of you both Diana, I'm so so sorry :( xx
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

I will be thinking about you all today. xx
Jacks
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 7

Post by Jacks »

So sorry, Diana, we are all thinking of you today - it does sound like there is something quite sinister underlying Shelley's condition and she is now struggling with daily life - hold your little girl close, you could not have loved her more. xx
Diana
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Diana »

My baby is gone. At 11.35am she drifted to sleep.

I will post later, just too much right now.
HeatherG3000
Experienced Cat Chatter

Post by HeatherG3000 »

Sending my love. She is at peace now, there is nothing more you could have done.
JulieandBarney
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by JulieandBarney »

Diana, Shelley is now out of pain and suffering, what you had to do for her was an act of total kindness, you won't feel that now, I know, but in time, you will see how much pain you selflessly saved her from...play happily at the Bridge Shelley, CC is there waiting for you.......xxxx
Shelly and Dora
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Shelly and Dora »

I'm sorry Diana.

RIP little one. Run free & play hard xx
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

I'm so sorry, Diana, you really couldn't have done any more for her, or tried any harder. ((((hugs))))

RIP little Shelly, you are much loved
hgale
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by hgale »

I'm so sorry Diana, you did all you possibly could for her.

RIP dear Shelly, enjoy Rainbow Bridge, my Kitten and Mischa will keep you company. And a big {hug} for you Diana from me and Denver. Take care - we are all here for you.
SarahT1 [PLLE]
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Post by SarahT1 [PLLE] »

Dear Diana, as all your friends here have said, you could not have done more to help your precious girl and in the end you had to do the thing that was hardest for you to do out of love for her. You will never have to look back and wonder if you could have done more because you will know you left no stone unturned for your beloved Shelly, and if you ever have a moment's doubt, we are all here to remind you of that, and what a wonderful mummy you were to your lovely girl.

RIP beautiful Shelly, go to the Rainbow Bridge knowing how loved you are and watch over your mummy till you meet again. I'm glad you and so many other furry friends will be there to greet my babies when their time comes. XXX
greenkitty
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by greenkitty »

RIP little puss x
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by MarkB »

Sorry Diana :(
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by booktigger »

I'm so sorry Diana, you couldn't have done any more for her. RIP little one
HRHFluffy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by HRHFluffy »

Sleep well sweet Shelly.

Sending hugs to you Diana xx
meriad
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by meriad »

so very sorry :(

Good night little one; sweet dreams and RIP

((((big hug)))) to you Diana
Diana
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Diana »

Hi everyone

I would like to firstly thank each and everyone of you, I wish I could say so in person. You all here have helped me through what has the be the worst week of my life. The support and wishes you have given me has given me a sense of calm and I am already remembering the good times I had with Shelly. Though I am utterly devastated and broke down several times already. My whole family went to vets today to bid her farewell but I couldn't stay...I just couldn't. I gave her one last cuddle and softly told her how much I love her and always will. I left the room whilst my parents and brother stayed.

It's all but been confirmed she had a possible lesion on the brain.

She has now been buried with my Suschi and Heidi. Suschi, Heidi and Shelly were the three main girls...the originals I called them. They are now together and I know I will see them all again. I don't think I can post in the RB section yet and I would love to get a picture up but right now...I look at them and cry. She was my girl, the girl who never stopped meowing...who would always walk all over the feet whilst I prepared her breakfast or dinner. I love you soooo much Shelly and your in my heart not just today but forever. RIP my girl xxxx
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

Diana, Sarah has said it all. I couldn't have put it better.

Holding you close in my thoughts.

RIP Shelly xx. Suschi, Heidi and all our lost friends are waiting to play. We WILL see them again
Walesgang
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Walesgang »

(((Hugs)))))

Diana, there is nothing further to add other than you did the right and kind thing for your girl.

RIP beautiful girl xxx
Hazel
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by Hazel »

Hi Diana, sorry I haven't posted earlier, what a horrible week you've had.
RIP little Shelly.
((Hugs)) to you Diana.
xxx
JulieandBarney
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by JulieandBarney »

What a lovely statement to make Diana . . You don't need to thank any of us , we all are here to support one another. . Bless you for everything you did for Shelley, no doubt she is up there now looking down on you and thanking you so much for not putting her through any more suffering, if only us humans had the choice. . . You showed such kindness and love to her, as did all your family, you should feel proud . . What a lucky girl she was to have been loved by you . . . It was strange tonight, i went to where cc was buried in our garden and asked him to look out for Shelley, the neighbours probably think I am mad . . About ten minutes later our dog, fi, sat herself across his grave as she did the day we had him put to sleep, she sat there in the pouring rain and would not leave the grave, she was covered in mud and would not budge, she refused to eat for 2 days when he died. . And we thought we would lose her she was so lethargic. . Tonight she lay there and would not move. . . The last time she did this was 12 months ago when cc died . . . . I know it sounds crazy but it was as though she sensed something that we don't understand. . Fi is a big strong Samoyed who has never done this since he died. . X x
Diana
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Diana »

Awww bless Fi, sounds like a lovely girl. I believe you are right, she may have sensed something.

I sit here now knowing I did what I had to do in order to give Shelly another chance at life somewhere where there is no pain, no limits, no hurt and a huge supply of food and many other cats to meet and greet. I so wish she was here meowing again but I know she is doing that from above.

Shelly I will forever love you x
JulieandBarney
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by JulieandBarney »

Diana . . . That meow will be louder than you have ever heard ! . . My hubby had to drag fi away from the grave, as he did twelve months ago . . It was uncanny. . . Even my very sceptical husband admitted that since cc died he had never seen her behave that way . . I would like to interpret it as my boy has met Shelley along the way, as I asked him to. . My hubby just rolls his eyes . . But can't find any other explanation .. . Fi has not lay there for twelve months . . . X
Diana
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Diana »

CC I think did meet her. And took Shelly to my Suschi and Heidi.

Shelly has a new friend in CC.
JulieandBarney
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by JulieandBarney »

Shelly will never be alone now . . My hubby was totally dazed as he left for work tonight . . It took both of us to pull fi away from the headstone of our lovely boy . . He couldn't believe it . . . I have had to have her in the house and tempt her to eat as she just turns away from her food from today . . This is a lovely dog who will eat anything in her sight . . . Just managed some chicken to tempt her, but she is not happy . . This is so strange . . . This is identical to her behaviour this time last year when c died. . . I can't believe it. . . Looks like a vet visit tomorrow for her as we are meant to be aw y Saturday . Our lovely dog allowed all manner of spits and scratches across the nose and face and not once did she ever retaliate at all she just sat there, as big as she was . She loved our cats poor bullied girl . . X
SarahT1 [PLLE]
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by SarahT1 [PLLE] »

Julie, your little girl is very I intuitive. . Have you explained to her what has happened ? I know it sounds odd but I think if you haven't that it might help to explain it to her and reassure her, perhaps thank her for acknowledging Shelly's passing and remembering CC and let her know that all is well. Xx
Catfan5
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Catfan5 »

RIP little Shelly.
Diana
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Diana »

Awww Fi...eat baby girl, or Shelly will steal your food from above.

Fi has done a lovely job in ensuring CC met my baby and took her to my other two. Now stop scaring mummy and eat. Perhaps she is now re-mourning CC.
JulieandBarney
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by JulieandBarney »

Thank you Diana, it's a vets trip after work tonight, (which I am not looking forward to, as she shakes when she is there), as we are going away Saturday..and she will be staying with in laws, she just seems so unhappy, Barney keeps sitting alongside her and staring at her too. Samoyeds are renowned for being the 'smiley dogs' ...she is certainly not at the moment.......hope you are holding out ok...x
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

I think animals, in their innocence, have the ability to 'see' things in a way that we have lost.

Some years back, my OH (then boyfriend) was renting a house from a friend (his family home). He was looking after another friend's CKC Spaniel, Sammy, while the friends were on holiday.

One afternoon Dave heard a noise upstairs. Sammy immediately sat down and looked up to the corner of the room that was on the other side of the wall to the landing. His gaze followed a diagonal line,slowly down the stairs, paused at the door, then continued across the lounge to the kitchen door. Then he 'snapped out of it' and the tail started wagging again. Dave said his own eyes were like this :shock: !

Feeling a little spooked, he took Sammy for a walk, calling in at the neighbour's on the way back. Not wanting to seem like 'an hysterical girl' (his words) he tried to make a joke of it. The neighbour jokingly responded 'it was probably mum. She always liked to make herself a cup of tea in the afternoon.' Dave said there was the longest of pauses, when all you could hear was Sammy's tail beating the rug. That was it. Sammy went home - Dave moved house. :lol:

I am not, normally one prone to 'flowery prose'. Nor am I a 'happy clappy' type of Christian. If you listen to Dave, he'll say I'm more your 'cynical old bat'. :roll: But I do feel this from the heart.

Shakespeare wrote: 'There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophies'. Our furry friends are fully aware of that - and somewhere, not that far from us, our lost loved ones (2 and 4 legged) are awaiting the great re-union. Play on darlings, we'll see you soon.
SarahT1 [PLLE]
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by SarahT1 [PLLE] »

I love that story, Sue.

Hope Fi is not too stressed tonight, Julie. Poor you, a vet's visit for any reason is no one's ideal evening activity. As Diana says, she has clearly done a wonderful job in helping Shelly across the Bridge, bless her heart.

Hope you're holding up today, Diana. Hugs to you and kisses to your little ones. xx