I think her time is drawing near

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
hgale
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: I think her time is drawing near

Post by hgale »

These stories don't surprise me at all. My Mum died of stomach cancer in 2002 and in the 6 months prior she was in and out of hospital and the hospice very regularly, mostly having at least a week away from the house.

Biscuit, my first much loved cat, a ginger/white tabby adored my mum. During the time she was in and out of hospital (but still alive), he was fine, even when she was away, still eating and drinking, having cuddles, sleeping with me etc. Mum died in the Hospice - and the very next day Biscuit stopped eating, started hunting around for her, yowling, pacing and generally getting stressed. I took him to the Vet just 1 week later and she said she had never seen a cat grieving so deeply before. He was then starting to waste away, so I made the only decision I could - and he was reunited with my mum. He didn't start this grief until after she died - it was as if he just switched himself off from life when she died.

Hope you are ok today, Diana. I'm sure Shelly has met everyone up there too.
Diana
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by Diana »

How is Fi?

Gosh I had a dream last night...and its made me very happy. I lost two other cats Suschi in 2011 and Heidi in 2012, some may remember Heidi. So I dreamt I was walking in this huge field with a hill and trees in the far distance. On the hill were two very small figures, I couldn't make out what or who it was. I do not know where I was going or why I was there. I checked my phone and the time was 6.30pm. All of a sudden Shelly ran past me, I did not even know she was behind me. I called her to come back as it was past her dinner time, but then she stopped and looked at me. It was a stare that seemed to last for years, then after she ran off towards the hill and I chased after her but she was pulling away from me, Shelly then reached the hill where the two figures were and I stopped and watched. I turned away and back again and they were gone.

I woke up and understood the dream, but in my dream I didn't have a clue what was happening. Those two small figures were most certainly Suschi and Heidi. And that stare Shelly gave me, I think it was her way of saying its OK, I am with my two friends, I am fine. I cannot believe it! But I am soooo happy to know she has those two, plus CC. BTW I am OK guys, thanks for asking. I am so at peace now cause my Shelly is alive again in another place, I may not see her or can physically touch her but she is with me always.
JulieandBarney
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by JulieandBarney »

Oh Diana, what a lovely dream....that was most definitely Shelley saying it was ok to say 'goodbye for now'...I experienced a similar occurence when I first lost 'C' . The day after he went to the Bridge, my hubby had took the dog for a walk and I was alone...I sat and cried till I thought my heart would break......when C was alive, to get in and out of the house at his convenience, he used to jump through the little window at the top of our main window in the living room, it was what we first missed, we would hear a loud 'thump' and there he would be perched on the window, he would then jump onto the sofa and settle back down, this he did many times throughout the day....the house was so quiet afterwards.....as I sat there sobbing, I heard a thump on to the window and a gust of wind blew the curtain aside......there was nothing there of course, but I swear to this day, it was his way of comforting me, it was the same day we buried him.

Which leads me on to our vet visit tonight...the vet can find nothing physically wrong with her, he gave her an appetite stimulant, with a view to returning if she still won't eat. She still was walking with her tail between her legs and her head down, this is so out of character. I mentioned that she may be pining to the vet, he said it could be a possibility. So when we got home, I cooked her some liver and eggs, she still turned her nose up and walked away...so I bought her in and put a video recording on the pc which we had of c a couple of years ago, he had the loudest meow I ever heard when it was dinner time !!...As soon as I turned up the volume and she could clearly hear him meowing, her tail shot up and began to wag, I could have cried in relief...so once more, the liver and eggs were put down....and she wolfed the lot !...She is now sitting on the floor below Barney who is on the sofa...I am praying that this will be a turning point.....some things are completely unexplainable but something happened last night which I truly could not rationalise...and they say animals are dumb ? I think not......xx
Diana
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Diana »

No way are animals dumb, the exact opposite. Its possible CC met Shelly and Fi somehow picked up on this, prompting her to remember CC.

I hope she continues to eat.
SarahT1 [PLLE]
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Post by SarahT1 [PLLE] »

What wonderful posts Julie and Diana! They have really lifted my spirit. Bless those darling girls. Dear Fi, she is special, Julie. Hugs to you both and your babies. Xx
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

Diana - it's lovely to hear that you've 'heard' from Shelly and the she's reunited with her friends. That must be a great comfort to you.

Julie - I hope Fi is over her grieving and continues to improve (and eat!)

A couple of months after we lost our lovely Lurcher, Katie, (to cancer) Dave had to go to England for a few days. While he was away, on three separate occasions I saw movement out of the corner of my eye. It was grey, Rosie dog was black and it was far too big for one of the cats.

On his return I told Dave. His response (with only a slight catch in his voice) 'I asked Katie to keep an eye on you guys.' :)

We really don't know the half of it do we? (hugs) to you both and fusses to the lovely Fi.
Grace56
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Grace56 »

Diana. I am so so sorry about your little lass. But you have done what is best for her. She knows you loved her and I know she will be with you always.

((Hugs)) to you and blessings.

Sleep well baby girl and run free with your friends. xx
PeanutsFriend
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 8

Post by PeanutsFriend »

No amount of words from us can be as comforting as your spiritual visits.
I had plenty of those too. They are trying to tell you they are alright. Don't be sad.
Time...that is what you need right now.
jill
SarahT1 [PLLE]
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Post by SarahT1 [PLLE] »

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Communicating-A ... y_b_text_z" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm reading this at the moment, and as a result none of your stories surprise me, but they do completely delight me! x
Diana
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Diana »

Wow....what a read.

My Shelly's bed is still out and it has her scent...not keen on washing it yet. But I will as I am going to donate, my other two aren't kean on beds.