2yo male exotic shorthair dribbling urine

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
jake42
New Cat Chatter

2yo male exotic shorthair dribbling urine

Post by jake42 »

Hi,
this is Gus, a happy 2yo male well-loved indoor Exotic Shorthair. He's begun to dribble urine on a regular basis, perhaps 2 times a day (and possibly more). He's in very good form and plays well. His food/litter is the same as always. He eats only dry James Wellbeloved No Cereal dry food and plenty of water always. He uses his litter as before but if you pick him up he'll often leave a small 1inch dribble of wee.
We took him to the vet who gave antibiotics. That was 3 weeks ago and no improvement. He's still seemingly happy and gets lots of attention. Vet has no idea now. He was fussy when a kitten with his food and after much trials settled well on James Wellbeloved No Cereal 18 mths ago.
There's no blood from the urine and there are no pools of urine about the house. He may leave a small stain where he sleeps or when lifted for a cuddle. Litter box is cleaned regularly and no changes to litter.
Any ideas very welcome,
Thanks,
J
greenkitty
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Re: 2yo male exotic shorthair dribbling urine

Post by greenkitty »

You should take him back to the vet, anything to do with the urinary system in a male cat can be serious and should be checked out.
meriad
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by meriad »

I agree with Greenkitty - urinary issues need to be taken seriously, esp with male cats. Get him to a vet to make 100% there isn't a medical reason
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Crewella »

If your vet is stumped, it might be worth trying another vet to get another angle on it?
meriad
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by meriad »

Doh, please sort of ignore my reply :oops: - I obviously didn't read your post as I should have and somehow missed the vet visit bit - apologies!

Wonder if an ultrasound would show up something?