bonding and introducing 2 kittens to Toby

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
andy2912
Frequent Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 3

bonding and introducing 2 kittens to Toby

Post by andy2912 »

Well I hope that I have done this correctly. Pebbles and Treacle in spare bedroom for 2 days. Every time I popped in they came to me. Afterwards I moved them downstairs to living dining room.. only because they shot out downstairs lol. Past Toby onto cat tree. Decided to leave them in there whilst I went work and Toby could have run off house and go outside. A few face to face introductions with just a odd hiss from the big boy who is a big wuss lol.
Tuesday night I fed kittens and Toby with door open.
Wednesday evening was first time that they ate together. A treat of boiled chicken breast.. Tobys favourite.
Let them have run of house and seem to get on with Toby
they are 5/6 months old and never been out.
So whilst at work they are in living room.
Toby uses cat flap till I come home then they are together again.
The only problem I have is kittens can sometimes run from me and hide when I stand up and move towards them.
though they come to me at feed times and when I get home.
They had another treat last night.. tinned salmon.
Early days but hoping they will settle in and was told that they are lap cats :-)
And they purr very LOUD!! Toby does but you can't hear him but feel him purring lol
Attachments
IMG_38618945230041.jpeg
Bed time
(97.54 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Re: bonding and introducing 2 kittens to Toby

Post by Crewella »

Awwwww - lovely pic of three gorgeous cats!

I'm sure they'll be fine, just give them a bit of time. It sounds like it's going well so far. :)
lilynmitz
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by lilynmitz »

It sounds like you're doing all the right things Andy. Just give them time, and plenty of reassurance to your older cat. Give the youngsters time to learn that you are a safe person to be around, so only approach them gently when they're quiet, or play with them with remote toys, and let them come to you in their own time.
andy2912
Frequent Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by andy2912 »

Twice this week I have woken up to a kitten on my chest lol Pebbles padding. Then Treacle jumping up to groom her.
Giving them a few dreamie treats and seem to be responding to their names.
Toby usually taps me on the nose if he wants to go out or be fed in the morning.
The kittens are sometimes following Toby round the house. They will all lie on beds or sit on windowsill together
but he still gives a hiss at them. Showing who is top cat.
Pebbles likes chasing soft toys Treacle loves small balls and both go made for laser dot. Toby not interested in that or playing with kittens yet. He just sits and watches.
lilynmitz
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by lilynmitz »

This all sounds good Andy, well done!