Cat won't eat the treats

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
AhmedUK
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Cat won't eat the treats

Post by AhmedUK »

Hello,

As my landlady works shifts, I am often alone with her cat, and her cat then starts meowing for food. So I started getting him some treats, there are some chicken treats and some ocean fish treats. He always likes the chicken treats but absolutely adores the ocean fish treats. So I will usually feed him the ocean fish ones twice a day and the chicken once a day.

However, he doesn't want to eat the chicken treats anymore. He meows, I bring them, he comes and rubs against the tube, he is purring, I get them out, he goes to them, licks it, and then just walks away!

I don't want to keep feeding him the ocean fish treats all the time as he might get bored of having them all the time, is there a way I can make TC go back to the chicken treats?

Thanks.
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Re: Cat won't eat the treats

Post by Crewella »

I have yet to find a way to make cats like something once they decide they don't like it, I'm afraid! Perhaps try not offering them for a few days and then see if he changes his mind.
AhmedUK
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Cat won't eat the treats

Post by AhmedUK »

Oh dear! Maybe I'll just have to hold back the fish treats for a while, although I hate doing that as he just goes crazy about them!