Not eating much & Going Out for long periods of time

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
TabooMender51
New Cat Chatter

Not eating much & Going Out for long periods of time

Post by TabooMender51 »

Hello, I need advice please, my cat, Fluffy has been acting rather strange she hasn't been eating much and going out for long periods of time. I'm worried that she is been fed elsewhere or being kept in another person's house or she could be in love even though she's been neutered. :| Please I beg you help me...
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Not eating much & Going Out for long periods of time

Post by Kay »

if she isn't losing weight, she might well have found a source of regular food from a neighbour - I had a cat who loved other cats, and who used to regular join a group of neighbourhood cats just for the company

have you tried shutting her indoors for a bit - say 48 hours, to see if she eats OK then?
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

I would try keeping her in for a couple of days to see what her appetite is like. I have a cat that likes to raid bins and can find any food left out for other cats like a food seeking missile. It's quite possible that she's finding food elsewhere even though nobody is intentionally feeding her, but if you're worried somebody IS intentionally feeding her, you can get collars with 'DO NOT FEED' or a similar message, or contact details printed on them from Kitty Collars.
lilynmitz
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by lilynmitz »

Good advice, keep her in for a few days so you can check her appetite. Then when you let her out again (assuming all is ok), put a paper collar on her asking who ever may be feeding her to contact you, so you can at least find out where she's going.