cat health & behaviour

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
grannycarol57
New Cat Chatter

cat health & behaviour

Post by grannycarol57 »

;) I'm having a problem with one of my cats, since they were in the cattery for two weeks while we were on holiday Dora has started pooing inside, always in the toilet funny enough. not all the time but has done this at least 6 times now and she never has before.Sophie her sister is fine, both are outdoor cats but because it is now colder at night they want to stay in then. This is when we have the problem. Dora always seems to need out during the night when we are asleep. I think I will have to bring the litter box back down from the loft for now.
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: cat health & behaviour

Post by Kay »

I'd certainly set up a litter tray for them - she may have lost her confidence about braving the great outdoors whilst in the cattery, or maybe she found she preferred a tray when she had one in there

mine have access to the great outdoors, but always use their indoor trays, and I am glad about that, as I prefer the task of maintaining them to losing plants because of overly enthusiastic digging and scratching
KittyCatKate
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by KittyCatKate »

I agree ^^^

She likely became a litter stressed and is nervous. Give the litter box an option while it is cold. I would make it a habit of having one in the house when the weather is cold, and taking it away when it is warm. They will learn the schedule.
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

I agree too - I have a couple of litter boxes, and mine do use them sometimes, even though they mostly go outside.

She may go back to going outside when she regains her confidence a bit, but at least she will have the choice.
Willowgill
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by Willowgill »

She's probably got used to the one in the cattery and now feels this is a great idea - I'd put one in the toilet if you've room as that's an ideal place to go - I find it quite funny that Daph will often go in her tray in the bathroom while I'm in there - it's like lets all get this out of the way together and you can clean up after me :-)