Do some cats just dribble.....?

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Lyn from Australia
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 9

Do some cats just dribble.....?

Post by Lyn from Australia »

I have a foster cat atm, originally named Pilchard (apparently a character from Bob the Builder?), but who I have renamed Prickles. Apparently her previous owner told me that she dribbles, but I didn't remember this and took her to the vet. She is probably about 7 years old, her teeth are good and all the vet could see was a tiny probable ulcer on her tongue. Vet doesn't seem worried, but if anyone has any info to add I'd appreciate it. Her little chin is always wet, sometimes sopping and dripping everywhere. She's adapted quite well to my cat-filled home - she's not friendly to the others, but is starting to tolerate the younger ones.
lizzyh
Frequent Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 5

Re: Do some cats just dribble.....?

Post by lizzyh »

Hi, one of mine is a drooler, no problems with her mouth or teeth, she just drools, more obvious when shes kneading/paddling x
Lyn from Australia
VIP Cat Chatter!

Thanks Lizzy. Her previous owner did tell me it happens more when she's being petted, so it seems to fit. You live and learn. Had I noticed earlier I would have called her Dribbles instead of Prickles!
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

One of my foster cats, Teasel, was a dribbler. Again, nothing wrong with her but the more you fussed her and the happier she got, the more she drooled!

You're obviously doing something right! ;)
Lyn from Australia
VIP Cat Chatter!

Thank you!! :lol: :)