Cat sneezing

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Anna1502
Frequent Cat Chatter

Cat sneezing

Post by Anna1502 »

A bit of advice from anyone,

My female tabby around 10-11 years of age contracted an upper respiratory tract infection diagnosed by he vet last year in May and was treated with a course of antibiotics and recovered after about a week.
I took her to the vet then as she was sneezing occasionally and completely went off her food.

Recently over the past few weeks, I have seen and heard her sneeze again maybe a couple of times a day however her appetite is good.

Is occasional sneezing something to worry about?

Thanks for reading
Anna
sarie
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Re: Cat sneezing

Post by sarie »

Hey Anna, if her sneezing is out of character and more than normal then I'd keep a close eye on her.
It may turn out to be nothing but I guess keep an eye out to see whether or not she develops any other symptoms. If she seems out of sorts at all again or develops any discharge from her eyes or nose then I'd pop her back along to the vet. It's also possible that cats can get things lodged in their nostrils such as grass seeds and this can cause irritation and sneezing. If she continues to sneeze and/or shows any signs of discomfort it might still be worth a trip up to the vets just to get her checked out.

If in any doubt, always consult your vet just to be on the safe side :)
Lyn from Australia
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 9

Post by Lyn from Australia »

Don't be too concerned if your cat is otherwise well and there's no discharge, eyes are OK etc. My little Poppy often sneezes but recently I noticed her breathing seemed heavier and she was a bit "snuffly" with it and her nostrils were wetter than usual - she had a very mild URTI which was quickly cleared with a course of antibiotic paste.
Anna1502
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by Anna1502 »

Thanks guys.

Everything seems to be ok with her apart from the occasional sneezing.
No discharge from her eyes or nose from what I can see so I'll do as advised and keep an eye on my little furry darling.