Boris has an irregular heartbeat...

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
cathyday
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Re: Boris has an irregular heartbeat...

Post by cathyday »

It's been a good couple of weeks for Boris. Since I last posted we've dropped his thyroxin dose a little to settle him down as he was quite anxious & fidgety. We've also added a little dry food back into his diet as his renal wet was constipating him. (We took him off dry as it was that that was having the opposite effect!) Then it appeared the dry food was upsetting his kidneys so we've now changed to a different one....
After all this I'm pleased to report Purry boy is back to his normal self. He's currently eating well, sleeping well & all other functions seem fine too!
We really value these periods of stability these days with our older lad as we never know how long it will last or what the next worry will be.
The downside of him being back to normal is he's back to bouncing all over the bed at 5.00am for breakfast....
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

Yay, I'm so pleased he's so much better! :)
lilynmitz
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by lilynmitz »

So pleased to hear Boris is back on good form again. It's a real roller coaster with our oldies isn't it, and I really know what you mean about valuing "periods of stability". It's a constant juggling act getting drugs and food right for them as their health keeps changing, but well done getting him through this latest episode.