My poor Lilypuss

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: My poor Lilypuss

Post by Kay »

to die in the lap of someone who loved her very much, being stroked in her last moments, is not such a bad way to end a long and happy life

God speed, Lilypuss - you were much loved and will not be forgotten
hgale
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by hgale »

RIP dear Lily, my Kitten and Mischa will play with you.

A big {hug} from me and Denver for you Anna.
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by booktigger »

I'm so sorry that she finally lost her battle, but you did so much for her and she got to go in your lap, she truly was a lucky girl. RIP little one x
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

RIP sweet Lily, reunited with Mitz.

Anna and Pete you are in our thoughts tonight.

Love Sue, Dave and 5 kitties. xx
Catfan5
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Post by Catfan5 »

So sorry to hear this, RIP little Lily x
lilynmitz
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by lilynmitz »

Thanks everyone, for your kind thoughts and comments. Pete and I were just a bit stunned last night, and now we just get on with the awful process of missing her, our funny resilient little cat.

Lily was so determined to cling on to life, through the many many medical crises and health issues we had with her, I could only respect that determination and keep her going for as long as she was up for it. My only consolation in letting her go was that I knew without doubt that this time she'd had enough, this was a battle that couldn't be won, and that she only felt this bad for a very short time, less than 24 hours. Her life had been getting smaller and smaller in recent months, but she was happy and content nevertheless, as she never asked much from life. Our darling little Lulamoo. Xxx
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

I was wondering how you were doing this morning, Anna. You know you did your very best for her, right up to the end, but I remember that 'end of an era' feeling from when we lost our old Minnie last year. You're in my thoughts today. (((hugs)))
Hazel
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Hazel »

So sorry for your loss.
xxx
SarahT1 [PLLE]
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by SarahT1 [PLLE] »

Dear Anna, we are still thinking of you both, and of sweet little Lily. I hope that when the time comes for my babies that they will take their trip to the Bridge on my lap and in my arms too. Sending you love. x
lilynmitz
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by lilynmitz »

Thanks Sarah. Still feeling stunned and traumatised, and taking it out on everyone around me. Sleeping badly too. It was just such a harrowing day, despite knowing we were doing it at the right time, the right way, and as gently as poss etc, but it's still just awful. Gradually doing horrible stuff like putting her food bowls away. I loathe this. :-(. Poor darling Lu. :-(
JulieandBarney
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by JulieandBarney »

Oh Anna...I remember only too well, the dreadful job of picking up my boys food dish and toys, it seemed like every where I turned throughout the house, I found a reminder of him...a few stray bits of fur on the stairs, his little toy mouse behind the sofa...it was never ending, and each time I found another reminder, the grief came rushing back to me all over again....xx
meriad
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by meriad »

(((hug))) Anna; it's just so hard
HRHFluffy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by HRHFluffy »

Hugs from me too Anna. This part never gets any easier no matter how many times we've been through it. Xxx
Walesgang
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Walesgang »

It certainly doesn't get any easier Anna :cry:

I had a cat called Orph when I was a student. I had her when I first met my hubby, and him getting on with her was conditional for our future together.

Fast forward 14 years, he loved her as much as I did. She was killed on the road. We were totally devistated. She was part of who we were.

We could not bring ourselves to get rid of any of her stuff.

We replaced our garden shed a few years ago- we found a bag of her stuff in the old shed - bowls, brush, collar, toys. I still shed a tear or two. She died 12 years before.

Don't be too hard on yourself xx
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by booktigger »

It is awful having to deal with stuff like this. As Val says, don't be hard on yourself