Poor little kittens

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Poor little kittens

Post by booktigger »

We took two kittens from a multi cat household in this weekend, they are so full of flu they have spent the day at the vets and they are going back tomorrow. We were told they were 8 weeks but they are more likely 6-7 weeks. I'd post pics but they are upsetting. Fortunately despite being tiny and with eyes so bad they can barely open them, they were fighting the vet this morning, so hopefully they have enough fighting spirit to get over this. There is a ginger boy and a dark tortie girl.
Meandmymunki
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Re: Poor little kittens

Post by Meandmymunki »

Aww bless them hope they make it. My wonky last year was seriously ill from flu her mum was carrying at 4 weeks old, started on synulox and after a couple days I knew I was going to lose her without drastic action, took her to a different practice (that I now use all the time they are so good) and he put her on metacam for eye inflammation and ronaxan as well as the synulox and eye cream she was already on and within 2 days the difference was amazing! Some vets don't like ronaxan when so young but I'm convinced it saved her life. Just thought it was worth a mention in case it helps your little guys. Fingers x'd they get better soon x
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

Poor little mites - sending all the positive vibes we can muster for them. At least they're now in good hands - that counts for something. xx
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by booktigger »

Thanks guys - took them to the vets for the day again, and the vet nurses first comment was that they are much brighter than yesterday - this morning the little boy was trying to play with his sisters tail!! He is the bigger of the two.
Janey
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Janey »

Aww that's good news Desley, I hope they continue to do well.
meriad
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by meriad »

Poor little mites - but at least now they're in good hands and will get the best possible care.
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Crewella »

Everything crossed that they continue to improve. xx
JulieandBarney
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by JulieandBarney »

So pleased to read that these poor souls are starting to rally round....long may it continue, well done...xx
Cussypat1974
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Cussypat1974 »

Great to hear they have improved! As regards Ronaxan, my old vet never used it, but my new one does, and I have to say I have seen some dramatic results with it..... I have never been given it for kittens though. Do you know why some vets don't like using it on kittens?
Meandmymunki
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Meandmymunki »

Only because being a tetracycline based drug it can cause yellow staining to teeth in developing cats but IMO that's a small price to pay for a recovered kitten....
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by booktigger »

Kittens are much brighter tonight, the little boy is only drinking milk but helping himself rather than needing syringe feeding
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

That's good news. :) Fingers and paws crossed that they continue to improve.
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by booktigger »

Kittens have been called Rosie and Chester, they have been to the vet tonight, they are better but still very poorly and Rosie may need an operation on her eye. The vet said it could take at least two months till they are ready for homing
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

Thanks for the update. Rosie and Chester, what lovely names. What's the matter with Rosie's eye?
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Crewella »

That's good news that they are still improving, and that they now have names to live up to. Well done you! :)
Cussypat1974
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Cussypat1974 »

Fantastic they are improving! And yes about the tetracycline...... A live cat with PURPLE teeth would be a small price to pay! Silliness!

I only recently learned that Collie Dog's and cross breeds of them can be allergic to milbemax wormers. And I have had collie crosses for years! Never gave them milbemax, but that was by accident rather than design!
SarahT1 [PLLE]
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Post by SarahT1 [PLLE] »

Oh well done, Delsey. Might they stay with you??
greenkitty
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by greenkitty »

Unfortunately eye problems go hand in hand with cat flu, sometimes it's conjunctivitis but it can be much more serious and cause ulcers, which sounds like it might be the case with Rosie.