VIBES FOR BARNEY PLEASE - RETURN VET TRIP TONIGHT !

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Re: VIBES FOR BARNEY PLEASE - RETURN VET TRIP TONIGHT !

Post by bobbys girl »

JulieandBarney wrote:On a different note, I was digging out his medical notes from Blue Cross vets, which I hadn't really read too deeply before, and the vet states his age to be at least 9 years old when we adopted him ! :o We were lead to believe he was 7...it wouldn't have mattered in any case, but it just seemed a little odd.....so he's a bit more of an old man than we thought :D It was also noted that he had matted fur, torn ears and dreadful gum disease and rotting teeth !! My poor fella was very much in the wars before we took him in.....
You wouldn't know that to look at him now. He is a credit to you. :) Nice to hear he is playing with the neighbour's cats. It is lovely to see our Tommy playing again. Can't be much wrong with them if they are content to play. Long may it continue.
JulieandBarney
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by JulieandBarney »

He certainly doesn't look his age, lucky fella :D

Since his bladder problem, he does appear to be a little less 'manic' in that he hasn't had his usual mad dash around the house at all, but that may be because he is out and about more often and I am overthinking it .

I must try to get a picture of the 3 of them, they meet up in our greenhouse and sit together for about half hour, then they move on to next door, one after the other, usually with Barney leading, then sit next door for a short time, before wandering back to our greenhouse chasing flies against the glass !! Bearing in mind, we have old Fi, our Samoyed sitting in the garden too !! Its hilarious to watch...Fi just watches them stroll across the garden one after the other looking at us as though to say "How many more !! :o "

xx
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

That's lovely! :D

Tommy's started doing his 'Tommy Twostep' again. He goes to the back door and when I go to open it he reverses, at speed, back down the hall, before doing a little cha cha 'shall I, shan't I'. I'm left there saying 'well are you going or not?' There was a time a few weeks back when I would have given anything to see him do that.

I'd love to see a picture of the gang.