Ragdoll kitten

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Rosiepix2010
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Ragdoll kitten

Post by Rosiepix2010 »

Hi
Anyone had any experience of adopting a ragdoll kitten when they have an older moggy?
I'd never considered getting a ragdoll until recently. My lovely tabby Pixie was killed in a RTA just after christmas. I miss him so much and haven't really stopped crying over him since.
I have a 7 year old tabby Leo who jogged along with pixie although they were never really friends. Pixie was the more dominant cat. Leo is happy and doesn't seem to miss pixie but I so miss my little boy and the house seems empty without him.
I couldn't bear losing another cat to the road which is why I'm considering a ragdoll.
Any advice gratefully received. Thank you
greenkitty
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Re: Ragdoll kitten

Post by greenkitty »

My old neighbours had a Ragdoll, he was a beautiful natured chap who did go out and loved everyone, two legs or 4!
meriad
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Re: Ragdoll kitten

Post by meriad »

From what I know Raggies tend to be very easy going so a good choice. There are quite a few Raggie Rescues you could contact and ask them for their advice. I had a stray in my garden a year ago that was a Raggie, she was the most affectionate cat and loved nothing more than a fuss and cuddle. Unfortunately though she wasn't as keen on my gang, but then saying that I have six cats and they weren't that keen on her either. I think if I'd only had one or two she'd have been totally fine - but my Harry is just an overgrown kitten who has few (if any) feline social skills :lol:

Best of luck and let us know how you get on