Ia fabric conditioner toxic?

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
mr_frisky
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Ia fabric conditioner toxic?

Post by mr_frisky »

I'm getting different messages from different websites. I'm using some diluted fabric conditioner to paste on walls to assist in removing wallpaper. Some will be stuck to slivers of wallpaper that fall onto the floor (onto a carpet which is also going, so I'm not being particularly careful about messing it up).

None of the cats have been exposed to any yet, but I wanted to know how careful I should be in cleaning up the waste as I go.

I wonder if anyone has heard anything about this?
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Re: Ia fabric conditioner toxic?

Post by Crewella »

Blimey - I see what you mean! It's hard to pick out the facts, but what I took away from all that is that it coats everything with a fine film (I'm guessing that's why it helps remove wallpaper), which doesn't sound good. I'd err on the side of caution. Good luck!
mr_frisky
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by mr_frisky »

Thanks, I've decided to clean up as I go. Better safe!
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

I know you say you are not bothered about the carpet, but it's amazing how difficult and time-consuming it is to get bits of paper off it (or off wooden floors). I always put newspaper on the floor when I'm decorating. Then when I've finished making a mess, I roll everything up in the paper and bag it. Hopefully that will also solve the problem with the fabric conditioner. :)
mr_frisky
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by mr_frisky »

I'm hoovering it up after I finish. The carpet in the landing is a 1960s brown, swirly affair, which has already got a chunk missing, so not too bothered about messing it up!
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

mr_frisky wrote:The carpet in the landing is a 1960s brown, swirly affair,
OOOH nice! :lol:

You are decorating the landing AND stairs? 'Bin there, done that, don't envy you one bit! Good luck. ;)