BARNEYS ILL WITH BLADDER PROBLE YET AGAIN.....AN UPDATE

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
HRHFluffy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Re: BARNEYS ILL WITH BLADDER PROBLE YET AGAIN.....SO ANNOYED

Post by HRHFluffy »

JulieandBarney wrote: Barney is totally intolerant to anything even remotely flavoured with fish, so it has to be chicken only and absolutely NO dried food at all. I think though, I may need to make a mention of his dietary problems with our lovely neighbour, who has 3 cats, as I noticed when she gave them a call yesterday evening, he pricked his ears up and jumped over the fence into her garden !! :roll: :roll:
Hi Julie, sorry for not replying to this sooner. But I personally think that this could be a contributing factor to Barney's problems. Even if your neighbour is only giving him a little bit of food, if it's something he's intolerant to, then it could be the cause of his persistent cystitis. It's very likely that she is feeding him either fish flavoured or dried cat food. I have to steer clear of fresh salmon with Fluffy as even the smallest amount can bring on an episode of cystitis. I know it might be a little awkward with your neighbour but it will be worth sorting out if it helps Barney. Hope the lovely boy is doing well today Xx