Fluffy needs an operation!

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
HRHFluffy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Re: Fluffy needs an operation!

Post by HRHFluffy »

I don't Sarah. The last vet was of the opinion that she should steer well clear of metacam because of her kidneys. She's settled down well now. On sofa next to me fast asleep in the upside down head position :) .

I'm hoping it has passed and was just a warning. Yesterday throughout the day she had many more wees than normal and then drank quite a bit at night. I might have a chat with my current vet about the metacam for emergencies like this and see what he says. If she calms down again I will leave it til I see him on Monday for her checkup. They always give us something to worry about don't they. Hope all your babies are ok. Especially Lou Lou and Edgar after their adventure xx
Walesgang
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Post by Walesgang »

I am glad to hear that the fur ball is up. It's such a delight to hear them doing it at 2am isn't it??

Hopefully she'll settle in the other departments soon.

Fusses to your beautiful lady :)

Xx
HRHFluffy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by HRHFluffy »

Ah thanks Val. You've just made me laugh. Yes it is an absolute delight to be woken at 2am with that all too familiar sound :D It didn't help that she was a little stressed too. So once I'd got back to bed I was listening out for any signs of her being in discomfort. No sleep for me. She's worth it though.

Her appetite is good tonight and there's been no extra visits to the litter tray today so hopefully I'm in for a more peaceful night.

Give Tips special cuddle from me xxx
hgale
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by hgale »

I know the feeling, when Kitten was alive and on the bed, if she so much as sighed I was on full alert in case something was going to happen! 9 times out of 10 it was a "mum, why can't you keep still?" sigh!!! Mischa was slightly harder as she slept downstairs, but if she started coughing or making a noise, I still woke up!

Fusses to Fluff (again!) I hope she continues to improve.
HRHFluffy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by HRHFluffy »

Thanks Helen. It's amazing how we're tuned in to every sound and move that they make. I'm sure Kitten was grateful for such an attentive mum! Sometimes I think I've heard Fluffy meowing for me in the night, only to find that she's fast asleep snoring. I must dream about her :) She had a more peaceful night last night. However she was punctual as ever with her 5am wake up call.
Diana
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by Diana »

First we get happy over a poop...now a fur ball. Lol. That's our cats for you.