Fluffy needs an operation!

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
SarahT1 [PLLE]
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Re: Fluffy needs an operation!

Post by SarahT1 [PLLE] »

Marvellous news! Good girl, Fluffy! Pepsi has celebrated by doing a poo in the garden and is now jumping on fallen leaves.
HRHFluffy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by HRHFluffy »

Thanks Shelly and Sarah xx

I'm sure it is a literal relief for Fluffy :)

Hopefully all is forgiven about poogate.

Nice to hear little Pepsi is enjoying herself in the garden with the leaves. It's turned out to be quite a sunny evening over here. I think I'll join Fluff in the summerhouse. Whenever I approach her she always meows at me to welcome me. I'm hoping to catch a look in her mouth when she does it next time to check her gums.
Diana
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by Diana »

Was just catching up on the whole thread. Glad Fluffy is doing well. Sometimes a poop can mean soooo much.
HRHFluffy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by HRHFluffy »

Thanks Diana. You're so right. Feel like putting it on news at ten!!!
Diana
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by Diana »

Fluffy is a strong girl and she manages to keep going. What a brave girl!

And yep...I know what you mean.
hgale
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by hgale »

"Thats one small poop for Fluff, one giant relief for us all!"

Well done Fluff, that should make you feel much better. Please give her a really big fuss from her Aunt Helen, Carol!
Walesgang
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Walesgang »

Great news :D

I am sure many people would not understand the excitement :D

Well done Fluffy x
HRHFluffy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by HRHFluffy »

Helen that has just made me laugh :D Fusses given to Fluffy and gratefully received xx

Hi Val, thanks so much. Oh the excitement we have on a Friday night hey. So glad your boy is home. Just going to post on the other thread xx
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by MarkB »

Great news Carol :) and well done Fluffy :)
HRHFluffy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by HRHFluffy »

Thanks Mark :) I think I'll keep giving her the miralax for a few days just to be on the safe side. I'm sure she's got more that needs to come out!! Hope Laz is better today.
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by MarkB »

I never give it more than a couple of days in a row (1/4 teaspoon dose) but I guess we have to find what works for them :)

I normally stop Laz's Fibre Response if he stops going. I was wondering if it might not be a good idea adding bulk when they are backed up. I start agin with the fibre when he starts going again I asked the vet and he agreed it was the right thing to do.

Lets hope Fluffy keeps going from now.
HRHFluffy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by HRHFluffy »

That's good to know about fibre response. I'll keep her off it til she returns to normal. Thanks for the advice re miralax. I gave her 1/4 of teaspoon today. I'll give it her again tomorrow and then see how things are.
jan1957
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by jan1957 »

Well done Fluffy!
Love Helen's comments!
Carol Hope you and Fluffy enjoy the weekend. Please let HRH know that Eric sends big miaows of lovies (I'm whispering this now.....Eric doesn't know about 'poogate' to spare blushes all round) and he is tapping the iPad with high paws to Her Fluffiness xxx
Jacks
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 7

Post by Jacks »

Excellent news, Fluffy you are a star! That was a close call with the Bank Holiday coming up - two of mine have been a bit runny, one after another, but this morning we seem to have intact 'deposits' (shhh, Poogate threatens) which is a relief. The attempts at burying otherwise... okay, we won't go there!

Equilibrium has been restored and as Fluff feels more comfortable she'll probably be more active which will help the whole process.

She seems to have got over her operation really well - hope the mouth is looking pink and healthy when you can get a look! x
HRHFluffy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by HRHFluffy »

Hi Jackie and Jan xx

Jacks I hope all remains well with your gang and that there'll be no cause for worry this weekend.

Fluffy has chucked up a large fur ball this morning so hopefully she will feel even better now. She's constantly purring and squeaking at me (her way of talking to me nowadays).

I must say that apart from the constipation she has coped remarkably well since her op. I don't know if they used a different kind of anaesthetic but there was very little restlessness after she got home and not much wandering from room to room. She also didn't run everywhere which is something she always does after an op. Followed by me frantically trying to stop her bumping into things :)

Mind you when I left her there with the nurse, I immediately felt that they were going to take good care of her. She said that I wasn't to worry and that Fluffy would get better care there with them than most people would on the NHS.

I've still not managed to have a good look in her mouth. Everytime she meows or yawns and I start to peer in, she closes it immediately.

Jan tell Eric that Fluffy is very grateful for his kind wishes. I'm sure she would agree that it is sensible to spare him the details :oops:
SarahT1 [PLLE]
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by SarahT1 [PLLE] »

That's good that Fluff dispensed with a fur ball today. She will feel better still. What a good girl! She has coped very well with the post op period and I'm so pleased you haven 't had to desl with too much worry. Fusses to the beautiful girl.
HRHFluffy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by HRHFluffy »

Thanks Sarah. Yes I think she is feeling better. Her appetite is good too. I am pleasantly surprised with how well she has coped since her op. Maybe she's trying her best not to worry me (any more than normal anyway). Fusses have been passed on to her ladyship. She sends special fusses to Pepsi xx
Walesgang
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Walesgang »

I am so glad HRH Fluffy continues to get better Carol.

Hugs and fusses to her :D

Aunty Val and gang x
Shelly and Dora
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Shelly and Dora »

Good ol' Fluffy!!

I'm pleased she's still improving bless her.

Chin rubs & hugs being sent to you both from Dora & I xx
HRHFluffy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by HRHFluffy »

Thanks Aunty Val and Shelly :)

She's still doing well. Has had another bowel movement today so I'm pleased about that. She's currently outside on the step of the summerhouse. One of her favourite places. I've got the door wide open so she can come back in when she wants. And I keep getting up every so often to check she's ok.

Thanks for thinking of us.

Sending fusses to you all and your babies xxx
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

Yay, glad HRH The Duchess of Fluffington is ........ erm ......... functioning properly again. :)
JulieandBarney
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by JulieandBarney »

That's good news Carol, HRHFluffy sounds to be well on the mend !! ...I couldn't believe reading your post, as I have always said our cats mirrored one another....this morning, Barney decided to give up a huge hairball at 7am ....I was running to the bathroom to get some paper to put underneath him, just before he was sick, as he makes a really loud noise before doing so, so I am always ready !.....so much for a lie in !!!..... :roll: ...xx
HRHFluffy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by HRHFluffy »

Thanks Helen. Yes the Duchess is returning to normal in that department :)

Hi Julie. Poor Barney. Fluffy is the same with her timing. She normally throws up her furball nice and early for me. So it's often my first chore of the day to reassure her and set about clearing it up. Sometimes she has several goes before it eventually comes out so I have various areas I have to clean up.

I can hear another one in her throat. She musn't have got it all out yesterday. I've got stuff to give her for it but sometimes I wonder if it's better to let it come up if it's in her throat. Will see how it goes. She's been doing quite a bit of grooming the last couple of days. I think she's trying to get the vet smell off her.

Hopefully you'll get a better chance for a lie in tomorrow.
SarahT1 [PLLE]
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by SarahT1 [PLLE] »

Very glad to hear that the Duchess is taking her responsibilities at the non meowing end seriously! Hiw is the little girl eating? Have a lovely restful day both of you. X
HRHFluffy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by HRHFluffy »

Hi Sarah. Little girl didn't eat very much yesterday but I think that was due to the furball I could hear in her throat. She's often off her food if she's got a furball stuck. Hopefully it has passed through her system as she's not gulping at all today. Hoping she'll eat better now.

We're having a very lazy day. She's on the sofa beside me now. Hope you and your babies all have a good day too xx
Jacks
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 7

Post by Jacks »

Good news! Poor Fluffy with the furball issue - we have the same problem with Sophie. They are just such fastidious little ladies they love licking all that lovely long fur...

Hope Pepsi and Fluffy enjoy some sunshine today.

Jackie
HRHFluffy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by HRHFluffy »

Hi Jackie. No chance of sitting out in the sun today I'm afraid. It's blowing a gale and raining! Nevermind.

I sometimes catch Fluffy in a kind of trance as she's grooming away. It's quite funny to watch.

Even I can still smell the vet smell on her so she must be able to. I used to have an ionic brush for my dog that neutralises smells whilst cleaning the fur at the same time. I regret now having given it away.

Sophie has got such a beautiful coat. It's a pity she has to pay the price for such long fur. Sending fusses to your gang xx

p.s. It hasn't gone unnoticed by me and my regal furry girl that in your profile the number of cats in your household now says FOUR. I won't tell Sophie but someone else in my house might just let it slip :)
Walesgang
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Walesgang »

Hope Fluffy is feeling better and she has managed to shift the furball one way or other

Fusses to her

Xx
HRHFluffy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by HRHFluffy »

Hi Val,

Yes she chucked up her furball. At 2am this morning! At least it's gone though. She's still quite quiet in herself. When I was clearing it up I noticed she'd just had another bowel movement and there was evidence of her dragging her bum on the floor. She then kept sitting in her tray for ages trying to have a wee. She would only produce a tiny amount. I've given her some cystease this morning in case her cystitis is starting again. I'm keeping a close eye on her.

Sending fusses to your little girl Tips xxx
SarahT1 [PLLE]
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by SarahT1 [PLLE] »

Poor little Fluff. Do you keep any Metacam in the fridge, Carol? This might also help her to wee if she's developing cystitis.