Feeding once a day

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
chrissie7
New Cat Chatter

Feeding once a day

Post by chrissie7 »

My cat only seems to want to eat at night. She nibbles in the morning. She Is a house cat. Is this normal?
Jane

Re: Feeding once a day

Post by Jane »

Hi Chrissie7, I've moved your post to this section so that hopefully you will get some replies.
Jacks
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 7

Re: Feeding once a day

Post by Jacks »

How interesting! When you say at night, do you mean in the middle of the night, or in the evening? With my troupe it depends how much they have available overnight to some extent - but only one really tucks in at breakfast most days - and I wouldn't say it's a huge amount. They prefer the bulk of their food in the late afternoon/early evening after they've been active during the day. They sleep at night because although they go out they are always in overnight.

As long as she's not underweight, enjoying her food when eating, and not waking you up at 3am to be fed I wouldn't worry! Evening feeding is not a bad thing, especially if you're out at work, and you can always leave some biscuit for her in the day - something healthy like Encore Chicken complete, or Harringtons or Wellbeloved.

Fusses to your little lovely. x