Boys have became fussy

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
KittyWitty
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Boys have became fussy

Post by KittyWitty »

So the Mr thought that introducing Comet and Whisky to Acana dry food would be a good idea (for who I don't know, he knows how I feel about dry food) anyway, they were on that about a month and the whole time refused to eat their wet food, when the dry ran out I refused to buy any more.

With steely determination I've gotten them to accept the wet food again but they still go through bouts where they decide they don't want it, especially the turkey and chicken pouches - they still refuse to eat them.

Any tips? I'm thinking of trying them on new wet food, maybe Lily's Kitchen but what flavours do they offer?

It makes me sad that this has happened :( my boys were so good with everything before this :(
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Re: Boys have became fussy

Post by Crewella »

I feed my lot quite a wide variety of wet foods to keep them on their toes, but I've not tried Lily's Kitchen. The Felix AGAIL seems to be the one everybody likes and finishes here.

I'm not too keen on a dry diet either, I feed about half wet and half dry.

Keep up with the steely determination, hopefully they'll get there! xx
KittyWitty
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by KittyWitty »

I've put a tonne of premium wet food in my shopping cart and gonna buy it later, got some encore tins from the shops and I've mixed half a tin with a full natures menu turkey and chicken pouch for both of them about 10 minutes ago and they scoffed it down, thank god! So until the new stuff arrives, that's what I'm gonna do.
Mrs Kane
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Mrs Kane »

I recently swapped Sofi from a horrible cheap Caprabo own brand to Purina "neutered" dry food. She fussed for 2 days but after that she was fine. (The vet recommended it for being much better on her tummy)

Cats can be a very picky when it comes to food but my recommendation is don't give in, and don't swap them back, even for one meal. Finish the old brand off then swap to the new. They'll eat it when they're hungry, but giving them rewards to fill them up or even little samples of the old food will not help at all as it'll just confuse them and make them think if they cry enough they'll go back to the original.

Eventually they'll get used to eating the new food and detest the old in a few months.

If Sofi had her way she'd be eating nothing but ham and chicken, she'll even cry and try and leap on the fridge when I'm making a ham sandwich when she has food in her bowl. :lol: I'm a bad mum. :P
nannymcfee
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by nannymcfee »

Ours have the Felix AGAIL most of the time, but odd occasions (when i am sure they change the recipe ) they decide to turn nose up...oh and they HAVE to have a roast warm chicken... :D

there was another make that i bought from Home Bargins in individual sachets , quite high meat content and looks like potted shredded chicken...and they wolf that down too...Hi Life Chicken in jelly.