Advice needed! Cat refusing to jump up on things?

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Ophelia
New Cat Chatter

Advice needed! Cat refusing to jump up on things?

Post by Ophelia »

Hi, my cat is mainly an indoor cat but she will venture out occasionally though never out of the garden. For the past two days she has been much more lethargic than usual and is facing trouble climbing the stairs/jumping onto things. She cried out when I picked her up and when she was trying to lie down. Her spine is slightly hunched and she's been sleeping in cool dark places like under the bed-her whole routine is off! She'd eating/using her litter box just fine. She is 6 years old. Would reslly appreciate any advice you can offer!
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Re: Advice needed! Cat refusing to jump up on things?

Post by MarkB »

If it was something that had happened gradually, I would say that it might be arthritis. If it has come on suddenly, it could be that she fell and hurt herself. Only a vet will be able to tell for sure. By the sound of it, sooner rather than later. There are so many things it could be.

Poor girl must be in pain as cats are pretty good at hiding things. As my previous vet used to say. "Cats walk through pain" - so if it is obvious, it must be pretty serious.

Poor girl. I hope it is something like a strained muscle.
Mrs Kane
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Mrs Kane »

I agree with MarkB. It sounds like your girl has hurt herself doing something. I'd take her to the vet and get it checked out asap.
Meandmymunki
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by Meandmymunki »

Yes I too would get her to vet ASAP, it may be injury but one of mine went all like that and it turned out she was in agony with pancreatitis.