kitten nearly 17 weeks old

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
thundervale
New Cat Chatter

kitten nearly 17 weeks old

Post by thundervale »

:? hi im new here i need some advise and to no if anyone has had this happen before

ok we got a kitten at 8 week old
she is called pebbles and now is 17 weeks on tuesday.
tonight something very strange just happened she started acting very wired run in a circle and backwards then i fort she mite just be playing.

well to a complete shock she when absolute crazy humped back hissing growling and acting everyone
she then poop everywhere still going crazy she has ripped my partners nail off he got hold of her in a towel and she was going crazy with a massive yelling sound. i have never had this happen in my life and i have had 15 cats from a child.

everything in the house was calm my partner was on the computer while i was relaxing after dinner watching telly our dogs were sleeping on there beds i dont no what happen and dont understand.

she is currently under our bed not coming out and growling under there. she is covered in poo and we cant bath her till she calms down.

any help please i dont no what to do.
thank you
ps the picture is of her just yesturday.
Attachments
11667946_10155762091665585_349771201_n.jpg
(76.93 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: kitten nearly 17 weeks old

Post by Lilith »

Hi there and welcome. Sorry to hear about Pebbles; she must be terrified and so must you.

I've seen this sort of thing once, in an adult cat; she became absolutely hysterical and when I tried to pick her up to calm her she howled in apparent terror and wet herself and then scrambled over my shoulders and down my back, tearing my teeshirt...she was normally laid back and loving and the only cause I can think of was that my then partner and I were having a pretty heavy argument (though quietly) and it seems she picked up on our vibes. I felt incredibly guilty; I thought I was pregnant and didn't want to go through with it but he did (sorry for sordid details.) Turned out I wasn't. She never did it again.

But this is clearly not the case with Pebbles. Everything was tranquil but something set her off. Some animals do have mild seizures; I once had a terrier who used to space out and not seem to be 'with' us; she would snap at the air as if at invisible flies - and then be right as rain again.

Worst case scenario is of course, the vet's, for her to be checked out for any neurological problems but I hope it won't come to this. Cats are incredibly sensitive to all sorts of things, like a hovering thunderstorm for instance, and I do hope it's a one-off in her case. If it happened again though I would personally get her checked out.

I hope by now that you've managed to get her to come to you and be cleaned up (poor little love!) Damp kitchen roll could be a good thing to get the worst off; I had a very aggressive feral who didn't mind me sponging him down with kitchen (kitten!) roll when he came in out of the rain; it was like grooming him and he enjoyed it. Give her a love from me and do keep posting and let us know how she gets on. All the very very best :)
Lallum
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Re: kitten nearly 17 weeks old

Post by Lallum »

When Midnight was a youngster, he decided one night he was frightened of my handbag. He started to give it funny looks, stalked it, growl then attacked it. He managed to get caught up in the strap and ran around the house in terror as, I assume, he thought it was chasing him. He peed himself and poo'd all over the house as he tried to escape the monster handbag. I tried to catch him and he bit and scratched me to pieces. He didn't seem to recognise me at all and had a glazed look of absolute panic. He retreated under the bed when I eventually freed him. He remained in a stated of terror and agitation for a couple of days. He refused to eat or drink. Eventually his love of food brought him out. I had by then got rid of a lovely handbag.

To this day I have no idea what started it. He's not done it since (although he falls in the pond on a regular basis). He is more timid than my other cat (his sister from the same litter) but I can't be sure if he was more timid before this incident. I talked to the vet who didn't seem to know what I meant and just shrugged. Sometimes they just do silly things but then again, when I was little, I once convinced myself that the eiderdown on my sister's bed was a lion and spent the night terrified until my Mum removed it. Maybe as kittens they take irrational fears for reasons of their own.