Boris is going to the dentist

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Re: Boris is going to the dentist

Post by Crewella »

So glad he's feeling better. I'd be tempted to stick with the renal food as well.
HRHFluffy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by HRHFluffy »

Great to hear that Boris is doing so well. What a relief for you.

I agree with Anna and Helen. I would keep him on the renal food. If he likes it and you don't need to go to great lengths to tempt him to eat it then you'd be better keeping him on it. So many owners just cannot get their cats to eat renal food (me included). It seems also that the diet has contributed to his bloods results improving so it's doing it's job.
cathyday
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by cathyday »

Thanks all. Steve told me to keep Boris on the renal food as well as advising to keep him on a low dose of Metacam to counter what appears to be a sore / arthritic shoulder. This appeared last week once we'd stopped the Metacam.

On the food front we're feeding 2 days of Felix Senior and one of Renal (blended so he eats it). The Felix is no longer blended and he appears to be coping with it ok. He's a bit slower than he's been before but he gets there in the end.

Steve wants to see him in 3 months for a blood check for kidney function, just in case the Metacam is having unwanted side effects. I was happy to hear this and have been bold by putting the cat box away. I can't remember the last time it was put away and not left in the hallway for the next appt. I hope I'm not tempting fate here....
lilynmitz
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by lilynmitz »

Good to hear Boris is still making progress Cathy. Sorry to hear about his shoulder though. I put Lily on short courses of metacam (eg 2-3 days a week every now and then, on half dose) when her arthritis is really troubling her, but try to keep it to a minimum. It does at least bring down any inflammation for a while, and doesn't seem to have caused a problem with her kidneys. I'm not sure I would keep her on it full time though, but I'm sure Steve knows what Boris can cope with.