sick cat

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
kittykatlover
New Cat Chatter

sick cat

Post by kittykatlover »

Could somebody PLEASE help,i,have a 4yr old british shorthair who keeps being sick,she has had all the tests from vet including a endoscopy and all theve said is she has IBS would you believe!! It dosent matter what i try shes still sick,theve told me to give her hills Z/D dry food but she hardly touches it,she has lost loads of weight and her fur falls out terrible all over the place she looks awful,im at my wits end,this has been going on for over 2 years!!! She still plays and is quite lively poor thing. :cry:
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Re: sick cat

Post by bobbys girl »

I have no experience of this but I expect you will have loads of replies and plenty of help very soon.

A thought did strike me, perhaps you should be getting a second opinion? two years is an awfully long time for this to be going on with no resolution, poor cat.
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

I have no experience either, but I agree - and telling you to feed her something she won't eat is worse than useless. Just a thought, but have you tried the wet food version of the z/d diet?
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Post by MarkB »

So it sounds like they haven't singled out what is causing the vomiting by the sound of it. One of mine has chronic diarrhea that we can't sort out. Z/D was one of the food I tried, but she refuses to touch it - I don;t blame her as it smells foul. There are other brands on the market, she might eat those. Royal Canin do various hypoallergenic diets. The biscuits smell OK

One of my former cats, Alice, had vomiting and diarrhea. The vet recommended Hypoallergic food. She refused to eat any of the brands I tried. Eventually, I decided to try an elimination diet to see if it was food related. I started with Purina One sensitive. I doesn't contain wheat. I was very luck as we hit jackpot straight away. A while later she was sick again and I realised it was milk causing it. She was even sick with cat milk, so it must have been the proteins rather than lactose causing it. She always had a delicate system, but once I made sure that she didn't eat anything with wheat or dairy in, she was so much better.

Once I caught her licking some cream from my plate - within seconds she was vomiting and shortly after, had the runs.

PS - IBS is a bit of a cop-out - basically, if they can't find a cause, they call it IBS
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

My old Minnie couldn't eat fish without throwing up, we had to cut out wheat in the end as well. It might well be worth seeing if it might be food related.
Carlota
New Cat Chatter

Post by Carlota »

Hi,
my cat suffers with anxiety. I did a lot of research and found this website https://natupet.com/cbd-and-cats-with-anxiety/ . However I'd still like to collect some opinions.

Thank you! :D