Cat fighting?

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Joanne_
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Cat fighting?

Post by Joanne_ »

My cat Ted is always fighting all the cats in our neighbourhood:\ He comes homes covered in scratches and has blood pouring but he just won't stop. Is there any way to help this behaviour? I have never had cats that have acted this bad towards any others... He just goes psycho every time he sees one. There is one at though that he seems to fight with the most and I fee so bad for him.
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Re: Cat fighting?

Post by Crewella »

Has he been neutered? I have no experience of this, but my first thought is to wonder if he's been neutered successfully?
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

I think Helen is right and it doesn't take much. As we 'ladies of a certain age' will confirm, hormones are powerful things!
Joanne_
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Joanne_ »

He is neutered. Not sure if it makes any difference but when he went to get neutered they had issues as he had (forget the correct term) a hidden testicle where it had not dropped?? so they had to cut into him higher as if he was a lady cat. His hormones are raging. He is just around 4 years old.
andybriz
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by andybriz »

Have you spoken to a vet about it? Where did he come from? Have you had him since he was a kitten?
Joanne_
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Joanne_ »

andybriz wrote:Have you spoken to a vet about it? Where did he come from? Have you had him since he was a kitten?
No we haven't. We have had him just over a year. He was a semi stray. I say semi as he had a home but he spent his time outside 24/7 and most of that was sat on our bin wanting to come in lol. I think he lacks social skills tbh as even with us he can act all macho and the 'boss'.
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

I do think it might be worth discussing with your vet, especially as there were problems with the neutering op. If it wasn't completely successful and he's still producing tomcat hormones, then that would explain why he's still behaving like one.