humping my arm

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Joanne_
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

humping my arm

Post by Joanne_ »

Ha so my kitten Henry who is around 10 months likes to hump. I noticed this behaviour when he was around 7 months. He would be laid on a blanket, start plodding it then get all happy and start humping it. Then today I was laid next to him on the bed and he was pay biting my hand and suddenly hopped on my arm and was off :lol: I cannot help but laugh. I have never experienced any cat do this. Is there a reason why he does it? he is neutered.
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: humping my arm

Post by Lilith »

Lol :lol:

I once had a cat like this, 35 years ago. He was an incredibly gentle boy, probably a Siamese cross, also neutered, and he died aged 2 from ckd. He got excited over everything - he once even mounted my hair as I sat on the stairs - oh and his little water pistol reared its head too!

He was very versatile though - when a new kitten arrived he let her snuggle up to his belly - and nurse at his nipples. He was quite some cat!

I also had a three-quarter Siamese neutered boy who mated one of my Siamese girls. Some neutered males do get astride a willing female and even grip the girl's neck...after that it's a case of, errm, somebody got the instruction manual? NOW what do I do? Not George. It was all the way with George!

And there was my neutered Siamese girl who joined in the fun, mounting another Siamese brood queen in heat...well, girls on top eh? :lol:

My youngest cat Molly often treads and humps a fleece or trousers of mine left on the bed.

Fun apart, I think it's chiefly a dominance thing. Cute though! :D
Joanne_
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Joanne_ »

hahaha how funny. He was so into my arm :lol: I was laughing so hard and managed to get him off it, at which point he gave a little disappointed cry lol
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

Lol - are you sure it was a cry of disappointment? :lol:

I'm reminded of the summer my first Siamese arrived. Three months old, beautifully reared and weaned, she arrived with a diet sheet and lots of instructions and reassurance, an absolute little princess. We let her sleep with us, and so a few mornings later, I sat up in bed with her by my side.

The weather was hot and I wore nothing. Jacinth glanced up at me and just said - 'Mother!'

Her sense of anatomy was unerring. AND she had very sharp teeth! :shock:

For the rest of that summer I slept with the top sheet clamped beneath my armpits like some coy movie heroine. Jacinth eventually compromised with my upper arm, but, with claws and teeth, it was OUCH!

After that she became known as 'my familiar'. A bit too darn familiar for my taste, bless her! :D
Lallum
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by Lallum »

My male cat will try mating with anything. He likes my dressing gown especially if I'm wearing it. Nothing is safe. He was smitten with my daughters Ugg boots. Twins! My mother one day commented, after he had performed in front the the tv, that he should get out more. He still has a goodnight attack on his blanket and has taken to holding part of it in his mouth. I did speak to the vet who took a blood sample to check that the neutering was completely done. He was done very young as he was trying it on with his sister. There was no problem detected. I try to keep anything away from him. My daughters teddy, her elephant, bath towels, wooly hats etc. Nothing is safe! I don't know what to suggest other than vigilance!
Joanne_
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Joanne_ »

HAHA! They are all so funny typical men I say:p Henry was humping my arm again yesterday lol I think he needs a girlfriend lol
Baileeeden
New Cat Chatter

Post by Baileeeden »

My kitten keeps mounting my arm!! I am worried for him 🥺
Tonight he started crying tears after being unsuccessful... I am genuinely worried for him):
He is not fixed and usually and very happy cat!! I don’t know if I should worry... I think my cat needs a girlfriend too🤦🏻‍♀️
He is not fixed... I don’t know if he is lonely or what he needs.
Mollycat
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Mollycat »

He needs fixing, because a girlfriend would mean more kittens and shelters are full.

Cats don't "cry tears" but they do get frustrated and develop problem behaviours. Fixing him would be the kind and responsible thing to do.
Ruth B
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by Ruth B »

I can only echo Mollycat, a girlfriend would not help.

You would be getting her purely so he would have someone to mate with (part of me wants to use far more crude terms as that is what i feel it is, but I'll keep it clean), which would be of no benefit to her, and would end up with litter after litter of kittens to deal with. A female cat in a warm environment, such as a house, can have 3 litters of kittens a year, averaging 4 surviving kittens per litter (I say surviving because many litters produce 5 to 6 kittens, but often some are still born or don't survive many days or weeks after birth), that works out at 12 cats a year, Female kittens can get pregnant at as young as 4 months, and give birth at 6 months, so by the time the girlfriend is on her 3 litter of the year, any females from her first litter will be having kittens of their own if not spayed. Any male kittens will also be fighting with your current cat and trying to mate with Mum and Siblings, as far as they are concerned a female cat in heat is a female cat in heat and a valid mate.

If you want another cat to be company for your current one, then by all means get one, but get one that is fixed, and get yours fixed, and everyone will be healthier and happier.