Please spare us a thought.....

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Bubbleicious5
Experienced Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 10

Please spare us a thought.....

Post by Bubbleicious5 »

Hi everyone

I'm very worried. My beautiful Ollie is currently on a drip at the vets. Over the weekend he just stopped eating and tended to just sit or lie in the same place in the lounge. He is 13 years old. I took him to the vets this morning. He checked him all over and could find absolutely nothing, other than he is dehydrated. He did a blood test, this showed up nothing at all. He said the best thing would be to get him rehydrated and then perhaps they might put him under tomorrow and have a full look down his throat.

I'm so worried, the vet said if they still can't come up with anything, then as he is insured, they will refer him.

Anyone had anything similar? xxx

I attach a photo of my lovely boy.
088.JPG
(223.04 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Sam xxx
Janey
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Please spare us a thought.....

Post by Janey »

Poor Ollie. I do hope that it's just an infection or something else minor making him feel a bit off it. Fingers and paws crossed he's feeling much better soon and do give him a snuggle from me please xx
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

All paws crossed here for Ollie's speedy recovery - snakes are crossing their tails x
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

Thinking of you both and wishing for a speedy recovery for Ollie.
Grace56
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Grace56 »

Ollie is beautiful. I hope all will be well for him and you. Let us know how he is.
Bubbleicious5
Experienced Cat Chatter

Post by Bubbleicious5 »

Thanks for your lovely messages.

Ollie is still not right. I was allowed to bring him home yesterday. The vet is totally perplexed as to what it is. He decided to give him a longlasting antibiotic and see how he gets on at home. He did eat a little on the Monday once on the drip at the vets. However last night he ate nothing although the vet told me he'd eaten a little at the vets that day.

If he doesn't improve they may do the anaesthetic and examine his throat. They also sent away a blood test to test the thyroid. I've had a cat with hyperthyroidism before and they ate loads but lost weight. Ollie isn't eating.

I'm so worried.

Sam x
Bubbleicious5
Experienced Cat Chatter

Post by Bubbleicious5 »

Hi all

Ollie has fluid on his chest.

Anyone have experience of this?

My vet has referred us to Dick Whites in Newmarket.

Please keep us in your thoughts. So worried.

Sam xx
Grace56
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Grace56 »

Hi Bubble. I'm pleased that you at least now know what's going on with Ollie. I've never heard of chest fluid in cats I'm afraid. But.....Ollie will be in very good hands at Dick Whites practice. I've heard of it by reputation and it has good results. I think he is a professor (Dick White) so if anyone can treat Ollie and see what's what, he can.

I hope it all turns out ok for your little one. ((Hugs)) to you and big fusses to Ollie. :)
Janey
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Janey »

Get well wishes for your lovely boy, I am sure he will be in good hands and hopefully treated very soon xx
Bubbleicious5
Experienced Cat Chatter

Post by Bubbleicious5 »

Rory at Dick Whites just called. Not good news. The fluid sample shows that it's 95% likely that he has a malignant untreatable tumour. He said they can do further ultrasounds and imaging but he's 95% sure that that is what's going on. He said Ollie will be monitored overnight as his breathing is better since they drained the fluid but it's still not right.

He said I can call him back with any questions or he will call me in the morning.

I don't know what to think. Does this mean imminent euthanasia tomorrow? I'm distraught and heartbroken.

Sam
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

I'm sorry to hear your news Sam, it sounds so much like Julie's news about Barney that I'm finding it hard to think the fates can be so cruel.

Holding you and Ollie in my thoughts tonight. God bless

Sue xx
Grace56
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Grace56 »

Oh, Sam I am sorry to hear that. Poor Ollie. My thoughts and prayers are with you both tonight.

((Hugs)) Grace xx
Bubbleicious5
Experienced Cat Chatter

Post by Bubbleicious5 »

One of the options given to us yesterday was a CT scan. We have decided to give him that 5% chance, as the vet was 95% sure it was a malignant tumour.

He said Ollie was stable this morning and a lot more comfortable than when we arrived at Dick Whites yesterday.

Ollie is having the scan today at about 3pm. Later on Rory will ring me with the results.

I feel sick. So worried about him.

Please continue to keep him in your thoughts. I'm hoping for a miracle.

xxx
greenkitty
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by greenkitty »

It's a horrible situation to be in, having been through it myself a few months ago I totally understand what you're going through. Sending lots of positive vibes to Ollie x
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

I'm so sorry it wasn't better news. Everything here crossed for your lovely boy. xx