Random fight

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
andybriz
Frequent Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 2

Random fight

Post by andybriz »

Last night our two cats (brothers) who haven't ever spent a day apart had a massive fight in the house. We keep the bedroom door shut but all the running and hissing and meowing woke us up and the smaller one was so scared he jumped into our room straight away and hid behind the curtain. He has a tiny scratch on his nose. He eventually slept in our bed between us and was purring away all night. This morning all seems fine and they are both curled up cat napping on the bed like nothing has happened.

They used to have little scraps as kittens but wouldn't really ever make any noise, it's so out of the blue and random. They are booked into a cattery tomorrow for 5 days and I'm a bit worried them being in a confined space together.

I'm hoping they'll be alright, whenever the cattery sends photos, they're always cuddled up together but it worries me if they do that again in the night, no one will be around to stop them. :cry: :?
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Re: Random fight

Post by bobbys girl »

How old are they? It might be hormones to blame and they are just sorting out the 'pecking order'.

It is a bit worrying if you are going away, but I am sure the cattery will keep an eye on them - it sounds a good place.
andybriz
Frequent Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 2

Re: Random fight

Post by andybriz »

They will be 2 in about 6 weeks. I'm sure they'll be fine and it was just a blip. Perhaps there was a noise that scared them both or something..!