Vibes for Molly please

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Vibes for Molly please

Post by booktigger »

I've had an awful night with Molly, I heard a thud around 1am and thought she had misjudged the bed, but she looked like she was having a fit. I just sat stroking her, it didn't last long but she struggled to get up, so I picked her up and cuddled her, she normally hates it but was fine with it. She then seemed like she couldn't settlle, jumped on the floor and tucked into her food like she hadn't eaten fir days! She did act really disoriented and like she was blind. She came back to bed but laid on me rather than on my pillow. Around 4m she started acting normal, going on the pillow, coming under the cover and had a bit more food. By 6am she was even better and seems to be following my hand, and grabbing it to get a fuss. Vets open in 5 mins so I'm going to see if they can squeeze her in today, I've rang in sick.
SarahT1 [PLLE]
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Re: Vibes for Molly please

Post by SarahT1 [PLLE] »

Oh, your little girl .So sorry to hear this. The vet will surely squeeze her in. Ours our brilliant and double book themselves all day rather than turn anyone away. Thinking of you both.
meriad
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by meriad »

Oh poor Molly. It's horrid when they have a fit and it's not something you're used to. I remember when my Molly had her fit (the only one I ever witnessed) :(

When I took my Molly the vet said quite a few older cats get fits because their arteries are blocking up (same as with older humans really). The way she explained it did make sense and I felt a lot better afterwards.

Gentle fusses to your girl and good luck with the vet visit.
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Crewella »

Poor Molly, and poor you. All paws here crossed for her, and sending positive vibes. xx
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by booktigger »

Thanks guys, she's acting completely normal again. Vet couldn't find much wrong on exam, she has lost weight and her temp is a bit low, but heart was fine. Her pupils went back to normal, although she didn't seem that responsive to the vet, although is with me. So just waiting to see if bloods show anything
meriad
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by meriad »

Glad she's better and fingers crossed the bloods come back OK
Lyn from Australia
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 9

Post by Lyn from Australia »

Sending you and Molly lots of good vibes and gentle fusses. Here's hoping she remains well.
Lin1611
Frequent Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Lin1611 »

Poor Molly. My old boy Bela had a couple of turns like this in his later years and always seemed fine afterwards once the initial disorientation etc wore off. It's very scary to see though. Fingers crossed for the blood tests..
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by booktigger »

Bloods are back, she has an infection, low potassium and poss anaemic. Urea is up but cratnine still fine. Liver values down slightly but they were high to start with. So hopefully something as simple as an infection or low potassium. She is going tomorrow evening for some injections and coming home with potassium drops
Camdengirl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Camdengirl »

It sounds very much like the sequence of events when Pip has a seizure, fingers crossed in Molly's case it's a one-off and the infection/low potassium can be easily treated to get her back on form soon.
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by booktigger »

Molly had another fit at 3.30, she seems fine but I've left a message for the vet to ring. I'm worried in case its a sign of something serious like a brain tumor.
SarahT1 [PLLE]
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by SarahT1 [PLLE] »

Oh poor baby, thinking of you both this morning. Good luck and give her a fuss from me. x
meriad
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by meriad »

:( poor Molly and what a worry for you. Give her a gentle cuddle from me.

Hopefully the vet will call asap x
Camdengirl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Camdengirl »

Thinking of you and Molly, I know what a worry it is, I had the exact same fears when Pip's seizures first started. Fingers crossed it's not a sign of something serious.
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Crewella »

Thinking of you both and all paws here crossed. xx
Willowgill
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Willowgill »

Did the vet give her an anti biotic injection? I'm only asking as some years ago one of my cats (also called Molly) had an infection and the injection made her act very strangely - she was even walking backwards in circles. I hope the results come back ok - please let us know.
Camdengirl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Camdengirl »

Any news on Molly?
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by booktigger »

Well I've had a couple of chats with the vet this week, and as she has been doing funny things with her legs (this week looked like she was scratching her ear), the vet thinks it is likely to be a brain tumour. We are increasing her steroids, and I've been given something in case it is a severe fit, but she said that while they are short and she recovers well, there is nothing much we can do, and I'll know when it is too much. She has been acting more confused after this one, but still demanding food, interacting with me, and this morning we had lovely cuddles where she put her face on my cheek, and kept tapping me with her paw. So, just cherishing moments like that until I feel she has had enough. I just hope I'm brave enough to let her go at the right time.
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Crewella »

I'm so sorry it's not better news, but I'm glad she's OK for now and you're right to treasure the time you have. I always worry about 'the right time', but you will know ...... you just will. (((hugs)))
SarahT1 [PLLE]
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by SarahT1 [PLLE] »

Oh, poor Molly and poor you. You must have shed many tears already. How lovely to have such precious cuddles. She loves her Mummy and you will know what's right. Hugs to you and fusses to your darling girl. Cx
Camdengirl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Camdengirl »

Really sorry to hear that it's not better news. Everything crossed it turns out not to be a tumour, for a long time I expected the worst with Pip, but she's been having seizures for over two years now and is doing fine. She does odd things too, she will scratch frantically at her ear from time to time (and also the side of her face) although she's never done herself any damage (and she's had her ears checked for nasties and drops to clean out the wax, and her teeth cleaned). She also twitches a lot, sometimes big movements but more often it's akin to low-level tremors, which fortunately don't seem to bother her at all. None of the vets have been able to offer me a potential explanation, but as it started after a traumatic dental my money is on nerve damage.

Fingers and paws crossed Molly doesn't deteriorate. Fusses to your lovely girl.
HRHFluffy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by HRHFluffy »

I'm so saddened to hear this. I know you will treasure every moment you have with your precious girl. She clearly adores you and is getting much comfort and reassurance from you. You have such a close bond with Molly that you will just know when it is the right time. Sending hugs to you and gentle cuddle to Molly xx
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by MarkB »

Sorry Desley, I just hope the vet is wrong and you have plenty of quality time together.
Walesgang
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Walesgang »

So sorry. Treasure every moment, and hope the vet is wrong. Fusses to Molly
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by booktigger »

Thanks everyone. Sadly Molly deteriorated overnight, so I've had to let her go. I didn't expect it to happen so quickly, I was really hoping for a few more weeks with her. But, she had nearly 8.5 years when we thought she was only going to have weeks or months, so she did remarkably well, she was completely spoilt, because she deserved it - as you can see from one of my favourite pics of her.

RIP my gorgeous girl, you will be much missed.
Attachments
Molly Diva.jpg
RIP my gorgeous girl
(245.69 KiB) Not downloaded yet
SarahT1 [PLLE]
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by SarahT1 [PLLE] »

Oh Delsey, I am so very sorry. My heart goes out to you and your sweet girl. Big hugs and loving thoughts. Molly will have so many friends waiting for her at the Bridge. Take care of yourself and keep talking to us. Xx
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by booktigger »

Thanks - she's outlived 10 cats, but doubt she'll be looking forward to meeting some of them, she didn't really like other cats!!!
Janey
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Janey »

Aww Desley, I'm so sorry. Gorgeous Molly, that's a beautiful photo of her, and yes I bet she was very spoilt, she deserved it bless her.
God Bless Molly xx
Lyn from Australia
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 9

Post by Lyn from Australia »

What a gorgeous, gorgeous girl! I'm so very sorry for your loss.

Night night sweet Molly. :cry: :cry:
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Crewella »

I'm so very, very sorry to hear this, but at least she went quickly and is now at peace. (((hugs)))

Rest in peace beatiful Molly, a proper diva. xx